O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Switching from PAYG to Pay Monthy

I recently came back to O2, having gone to Three when the merger was going to take place. I started off with a PAYG sim for a month whilst I looked at my usage and chose a tariff for PM. So stupidly I thought it would be straightforward to switch over as a, now, existing customer, just update the account details, but no.

I had to order a new SIM, that could take 3 days, and then 24hrs to transfer my existing number across. I was cheerfully told "don't worry you can carry on using PAYG until then" i.e. paying us twice as the contract is already running.

So the SIM arrrives and I go to the link I was given to request the number change and wait... so 24hrs later I call, it's not switched.. and was told it hasn't been requested... so I wait again.

There is absolutely no need for this... all you had to do is update the account details.

Topics: 501
Solutions: 9,712

Re: Switching from PAYG to Pay Monthy

You’re not talking to o2 here @ST2020 so please keep talking to customer service to get your account sorted http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr) and Z3 Tablet (Three UK)
iPhone7 (EE)

Friends come and go but the memories stay forever.

You are attempting to simplify things too much. It's not that easy. The number needs to be ported in again and transferred to your sim. It's unfortunate that there was no record of the transfer but a combination of live chat and online requests can be hit and miss. Please call and speak to someone at customer service,

Community Manager

Hi @ST2020, and welcome to the forum Wave

I'm sorry to hear you've found this process challenging, and I was wondering if it was all sorted now? If not please let us know and we could try and check on our end how to speed things up!

We're looking for new Community members!

→ Check out these lovely quotes from our existing community members! 
  → Join our forum by registering here 
5 reasons to belong to the O2 community