Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual SIM problems abroad

Josie64
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Two weeks ago I purchased a rolling plan sim. I had my number ported over as this was to be my main number.  For some reason this took 5 days to happen.  The sim worked for a day, but reception wasn't great.  As my phone has dual SIM capacity I also purchased a PAYG SIM from EE as a backup.  I inserted that the evening before travelling to France for a two week holiday.  Arriving in France my O2 SIM doesn't work and it doesn't have a tel no associated with it.  I can't contact O2.  My EE SIM works fine.  However, when I send a text it may say sent from O2.  If I switch off the O2 SIM neither SIM works.  I've tried switching over which SIM is in which tray, and removing the EE SIM, but neither works.  I have another week in France with no ability to use my every day number.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146286 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28161 Solutions

@Josie64 

You can choose which sim you want to use for calls, texts and data in your phone settings.

As your O2 sim appears to be offline, you will need to contact O2 by any of the methods here Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2