Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching contract to SIM only

Darryl1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My contract is due to end this month, and I'm looking to stay with O2 with a sim only deal. I called but the price they offered was significantly less than I found elsewhere online. What is the process, if I were to go with an O2 sim, of changing over? Surely it would be quite simple but I can't information on it anywhere here

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149633 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Darryl1 

Use USwitch

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/o2/

Choose the deal you want

This will automatically redirect you to the O2 website

Just follow the prompts and choose the UPGRADE option

Complete the deal and nothing on your account changes except the tariff at the new cheaper cost

Payment date is the same and your next bill will be at a cheaper rate and will be made up of the pro rata cost of your old tariff and your new tariff

The change should show in My O2 within 24 hours

Volt benefits will still apply as will possibly a 3 month extra such as Disney+

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 149633 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Darryl1 

Use USwitch

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/o2/

Choose the deal you want

This will automatically redirect you to the O2 website

Just follow the prompts and choose the UPGRADE option

Complete the deal and nothing on your account changes except the tariff at the new cheaper cost

Payment date is the same and your next bill will be at a cheaper rate and will be made up of the pro rata cost of your old tariff and your new tariff

The change should show in My O2 within 24 hours

Volt benefits will still apply as will possibly a 3 month extra such as Disney+

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 11

Darryl1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply. I have used USwitch, and it has taken me through to the website but I'm unable to find an 'upgrade' option when going through the process. I seem to reach the final page (just before confirming the order) and it is offering me a new number. I have spoken to customer service but they have been unable to assist.

Message 3 of 11

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7993 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

Just tried it and this is what I get on the £10 deal and I'm given these 3 options

1000009420.jpg

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 11

Darryl1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Was this through USwitch? I wasn't given this option

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 149633 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Darryl1 

It's earlier on in the process where it asks you if you are upgrading or taking a new number.

I also login to my O2 first, then open the uswitch website so I'm already recognised as a customer by O2.

Message 6 of 11

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7993 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

That screenshot was the first screen I got after being directed to O2's site from USwitch

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 149633 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

Yep, early on in the process.

Message 8 of 11

Darryl1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah, odd. I'm just just taken straight to the 'Build your package' section after going through to O2's site. Oh well

Message 9 of 11

Darryl1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It seems it was the browser. I previously tried with Brave, but with Firefox I get through the relevant section. Thanks for your help

Message 10 of 11