Did you mean: 

Switch to O2 and keep my number- 2 Months delay

Ero
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,

I couldn't any similar query so decided to write it down.

I am trying to switch from 3(Three) to O2 and keep my number.

I followed all steps like I've been informed.

I collected my new sim, had PAC number from 3 (previous provider) and send it to O2

After that, I received an email says

"The request could not be completed, the following reason is given for the rejection:

Validation Exception: Sorry, the information provided for our security checks is incorrect. Please check and resubmit your request"

This email was sent on early March. I tried couple of times and keep receiving same error email.

I double checked all my personal details and everything same. I even contact to 3 to discuss this and they confirmed that all personal info is correct.

In the meantime, O2 is billing me and I ended up paying 2 bill to two different providers. I can't use O2 but still paying for the services that i can't use. I surprisingly could speak with a lady from customer services. She checked all the history, confirmed all process seems fine but couldn't solve my problem. I've been told that customer service will call me about the issue but no one called me.

I want to get this sorted and want refund for the bills that i didn't use. If I still can't swith to O2, I want to cancel it and don't want to pay extra bills.

I need some help please!

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Ero 

You'll need a new PAC now as yours will have expired.

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

How to keep your number https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number or call O2 Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Ero 

You'll need a new PAC now as yours will have expired.

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

How to keep your number https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number or call O2 Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you requested this in March then the PAC will have expirednow so you need to request a new one from Three

Then phone O2  and give them the PAC over the phone

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

The best number to get through seems to be
0800 587 4005

Message 3 of 6

Ero
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you i will try both

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good luck

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10655 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hello @Ero
How awful so unacceptable.
Unfortunately you will need to contact o2 don't know how to tell you to be patient but in very upsetting and difficult times patience is needed in large measure.
You definitely need a proper accounting from o2.
I do hope you can get through this soon
Wishing you good luck TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 6