Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from virgin to o2

CJW2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I was migrated over from virgin media last year. In March I was cold called by O2 who said I was due an upgrade - I questioned this but was reassured it was a free upgrade. I noticed I was still being charged by virgin mobile (and O2). O2 and virgin media sent me a merry dance with no luck so suggested I cancel the payment which I did. This morning got an arrears notice from virgin for my loan amount! I explained I had been reassured by O2 I was due an upgrade - so now lodged a complaint. I wonder if this happened to anyone else? I have complained and said I would have just waited until December but for O2 sales team assuring me it’s time for a free update grade! Very annoyed this has impacted my credit score.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11404 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3154 Solutions

@CJW2 

Any Handset loans remained with Virgin, as these weren't transferred to o2 and to this day remain with them, and need to be paid to them... So am afraid to say but that debt remains

You could have upgraded on o2, but your loan with VM would have remained, as everyone was moved over as a sim only.. 

It is also very doubtful that o2 would have cold call you, as it sounds to me like a scam to get hold of your personal data as was prevalent at the time due to the very public migration going on, and access to publicly available data...

It will take o2 8 weeks to come back to you, but I would ensure you have evidence etc of it all..   a

Have a look at these guides into scams Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice.  Guide: A Guide to Deal with Spam/Scam Calls and Text 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7807 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Are you sure it was O2 who phoned you, this is not their normal tactics.

The only thing migrated over was the calls and data element of your Virgin Contract handset payments remained with Virgin and O2 had no power to cancel that element of your contact: you will still be in contract to them so you owe the money.

Question now is who your contract with O2 is. O2 itself or one of their 'Trusted Partners'

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3