Did you mean: 

Swapping numbers between 2 contracts

mattch
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I am asking this on behalf of my daughter/ex.

My ex has 2 contracts, one for herself and another she pays for our daughter.  Her device plan has been paid off, but our daughter's has not.

My daughter would like to start her own contract up and keep her existing number but understand that this is not possible as there is money still remaining on that account.

Is it therefore possible for my ex to swap numbers between the 2 contracts she owns?  By doing so, enabling the one linked to my daughter's number to be closed down and transferred to a new contract?

Is there a simpler solution I am not thinking of that enables them both to keep their existing numbers?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10123 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@mattch 

No, I am afraid not. 

The only option is for your ex to pay off the device plan, and then when your daughter has gets the new contract follow the details in this guide Guide: Migration & porting into O2  to move the number over to the new contract. 

You cant just switch numbers between 2 contracts. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10123 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@mattch 

No, I am afraid not. 

The only option is for your ex to pay off the device plan, and then when your daughter has gets the new contract follow the details in this guide Guide: Migration & porting into O2  to move the number over to the new contract. 

You cant just switch numbers between 2 contracts. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions

Unfortunately this is NOT possible @mattch 

Porting a number means the account would be closed, so you would lose one of the numbers if you tried to swap.

Your daughter will need to wait for her contract to end so she can get a contract in her name.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@mattch 

Your ex can upgrade her contract and give the new phone to your daughter.

Both parties retain the same sim.

The only downside is that your ex will have a new contract but her old phone for the duration of the new contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4