Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping my old phone number

Shea6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I recently got a new phone and wanted to keep my old number so I rang O2 on Tuesday to cancel my old contract and to swap the number. They had said it would take 24-48 hours to change the number but the contract cancelled immediately. Does anyone know what has happened?
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

If you have the new sim in the phone and you have been rebooting it then you need to call customer service to chase them up if the number hasn't swapped over.

O2 Contact

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

If you have the new sim in the phone and you have been rebooting it then you need to call customer service to chase them up if the number hasn't swapped over.

O2 Contact

Message 2 of 4

Shea6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I think I might have to cause I can’t contact anyone atm. Thanks for the reply
Message 3 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Shea6 , and welcome to the forum sunflower

I was wondering if you had managed to find out more about this since you last posted. Did you get a chance to contact Customer Service, as @jonsie suggested?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4