Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student discount

Nesh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I have been struggling to get my student discount through UNiDAYS, I have seen this issue with someone else that also had a previous contract with O2 through Carphone Warehouse, apparently this creates a glitch. I have been on the phone with O2 non stop and now I have to pay a much higher bill because I was meant to have the discount as it was discussed when I agreed to upgrade, it’s really getting to me as the O2 gurus just tell me to send the text message and I have tried all the ways possible. I need someone to do it manually for me as it’s obviously a glitch in O2 behalf due to having a a previous contract with Carphone, so if a O2 guru could help that would be much appreciated as it’s really getting to me now.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Nesh 

To be honest I didn't think it was allowed unless the contract was taken directly from O2.

The T&C's say:

As a student, you'll get a 20% student discount on your Airtime Plan when you pick up a phone, tablet or mobile broadband device on O2 Refresh. The Airtime Plan covers your calls, texts and data. 

There is a help thred here Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up 

But I can ask @Korey01 to check for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Korey01 @Anonymous  Can you help @Nesh apply the Unidays discount please?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 14

Nesh
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well my new contract was directly taken with O2, my previous contract was with Carphone warehouse which apparently creates a glitch in the account when you upgrade with O2 and try to apply the student discount through message just says it doesn’t recognise the code, there has been another person in the same position has I and he said the solution was to manually request O2 to do it.
Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Nesh 

I've tagged @Korey01 already so he can check for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 14

Nesh
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
There is another costumer that was in the same position as me and his name is Sam_g, this was the response to same same query:

All sorted thanks to Emilie contacting o2 on my behalf yahoo

It turns out there was a glitch on my account due to my phone number having previously been linked to a carphone warehouse contract. They gave me the discount manually and a wee bit extra for the hassle.

Thanks everyone for your help
Message 6 of 14

Nesh
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Okay thank you!
Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hopefully soon sorted @Nesh wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff Thanks for the tag @Nesh Will PM you so we can look into the issues.

Thanks

O2Simon

Message 10 of 14