Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Student discount not working

I recently took out a pay monthly contract with O2 only 4/5 days ago. I was advised being a student to take out the Unidays student discount. So I signed up got my code and text it to 61202 and followed the format advised. I get a text back saying O2: Oops we don't recognise that O2 number.

The number can be found in your confirmation email or shop receipt, and will start with 07 and have 11 digits.

Please try again, and remember it needs to look like STUDENT, 07XXXXXXXXX, UNI XXXXXXXX

I’ve read a few different posts on here about the student discount and I don’t know whether it’s a combination of the code not working and the phone number. Can anyone advise me in anyway, I have contacted support and O2.
Topics: 547
Solutions: 3,415

Re: Student discount not working

It's possible that the number has not yet registered on the O2 systems and that's not entirely unexpected. They have had system issues for upgrades, new contracts and tariff changes last week.

I would advise you to call customer service at around 8.30am if possible as that is the easiest time to get through.

Please call rather than use live chat. Contact details here :

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Community Manager

Re: Student discount not working

Hey @Beccabob18, there's some useful advice above, and we'd love to hear how you're doing with this Smiley Happy

Welcome to the community!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature