Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still being charged for my old Switch Up phone

Rob_83
Level 1: Joiner
  • 31 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, so I know this isn't a customer support forum but I wondered if anyone else has experienced the same issue.

Back on 12th of October I did a Switch-Up from a Pixel Fold to a Pixel 8 Pro. I promptly returned the Fold by post (unfortunately the new way to do it) and got a confirmation from O2 Recycle/Ingram Micro it was received on the 18th Oct.

My October bill comes in and it's £48 higher than expected. This is the device cost for the fold. I didn't worry at the time as I suspected it was a timing thing and I'd get a rebate the next Month.

November bill comes around and I'm again being charged for the Fold on top of my P8P. I called last week and they confirmed the issue and said it'd be sorted and I'd get a revised bill for November.

I heard nothing all week so I called again today and there's no bloody record of last week's incident being raised so I had to go through the motions all over again. This time I got a reference number and a promise of a call in 24/48 hours. Not convinced the latter will happen but at least I have a reference number this time.

Anyway, I wondered if anyone else had been affected by this. Might be worth noting this was the first time I'd switched up on the 'new' system. Prior to that I did the whole thing in-store and it was painless every time. If this kind of thing is liable to happen often because of what I suspect is a communication breakdown between Billing and Recycle, I'm really not going to enjoy future switch-ups, not knowing if my next bill is going to be inflated or not...

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

Rob_83
  • 31 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thought I'd wait until my bill was paid before updating. That happened today.

I was being handled by the executive team and while they confirmed there was an issue on the system that wasn't letting them close down the old device plan, it eventually got sorted. The reason I waited was because my most recent bill was still overcharged, but this time by only £8 instead of £48.59. They assured me it was fixed and I'd be billed correctly but the app still had the higher charge so I had to wait until the money was taken to confirm how much.

I'm finally paying what I should.

I received refunds for every incorrect device payment and also received an additional £100 in compensation. I'm just glad it's finally over.

Seems like Dave has been sorting others out, so if it was a similar bug then it seems like it's been figured out and this shouldn't end up being such a headache for anyone else in the future.

Message 41 of 53

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10252 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3016 Solutions

Glad it all got sorted in the end @Rob_83 

Hopefully not to jinx it but since mine got fixed all other Switch Ups, have been closed down properly.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 42 of 53

AW11Ghost
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm currently going through the same nightmare, hoping @Dave-O2 can get it sorted out for me.

Pre-ordered the S24 Ultra on switch-up in store, mailed my immaculate S22 Ultra to O2 recycle, got a confirmation email that they had received it, but been charged for the old handset on the last two bills.

Spent over an hour on the phone with accounts team at O2 only to be assured they had removed it from my account and that i'd be receiving a refund for the overcharge, only to receive the bill for March a week later with the returned handset still on it.

😑

Message 43 of 53

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10252 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3016 Solutions

@AW11Ghost 

Dave is off till the beginning of April, so you might be best speaking again to the Payments Team on 0800 902 0217 unless you are happy to wait for over a week...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 44 of 53

AW11Ghost
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do you know when Dave might be back? I figured I'd be patient and wait but not had an update yet

Message 45 of 53

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144772 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

@Dave-O2 

Can you help @AW11Ghost please?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 46 of 53

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 667 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

This is currently being investigated.

@AW11Ghost I've responded to your latest PM 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 47 of 53

AW11Ghost
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Finally got sorted! Many thanks to @Dave-O2 @MI5 and @madasaf1sh ! Hopefully whatever causes this issue can get fixed so it doesn't happen to other people too!

Message 48 of 53

taac15
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Dave-O2 I am hoping you can help.

i have also had the same issue with switch up. I have switched up 2 of my devices at the start of March.

The old devices have been returned to O2 recycle (Ingram Micro) who have confirmed and acknowledged that the handsets were received. However I am still being billed for the old 2 devices and also the 2 new devices. The old 2 devices should have been cancelled. 
I have been billed for the old 2 devices last month and on the upcoming bill.
O2 Customer services isn’t great either, all they do is pass from department to department and no one has a clue. Help would be much appreciated. 

Message 49 of 53

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 667 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Thanks for your message @taac15 

So i can get this checked out, can you please drop me a PM with your mobile number?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 50 of 53