Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still being charged for my old Switch Up phone

Rob_83
Level 1: Joiner
  • 31 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, so I know this isn't a customer support forum but I wondered if anyone else has experienced the same issue.

Back on 12th of October I did a Switch-Up from a Pixel Fold to a Pixel 8 Pro. I promptly returned the Fold by post (unfortunately the new way to do it) and got a confirmation from O2 Recycle/Ingram Micro it was received on the 18th Oct.

My October bill comes in and it's £48 higher than expected. This is the device cost for the fold. I didn't worry at the time as I suspected it was a timing thing and I'd get a rebate the next Month.

November bill comes around and I'm again being charged for the Fold on top of my P8P. I called last week and they confirmed the issue and said it'd be sorted and I'd get a revised bill for November.

I heard nothing all week so I called again today and there's no bloody record of last week's incident being raised so I had to go through the motions all over again. This time I got a reference number and a promise of a call in 24/48 hours. Not convinced the latter will happen but at least I have a reference number this time.

Anyway, I wondered if anyone else had been affected by this. Might be worth noting this was the first time I'd switched up on the 'new' system. Prior to that I did the whole thing in-store and it was painless every time. If this kind of thing is liable to happen often because of what I suspect is a communication breakdown between Billing and Recycle, I'm really not going to enjoy future switch-ups, not knowing if my next bill is going to be inflated or not...

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123193 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Thanks @Dave-O2 x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 53

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6088 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

Also just noticed my spelling of disaster on my previous thread. Too damn bad I rang out of editing time! 😂

The main problem with using a PC with no spellcheck on this forum!

@Cleoriff 

I am not totally sure by what you mean by your last sentence. If I spell something incorrectly on this forum, it is highlighted by a "wiggly" underline :-

Oxonian_1-1706215707641.png

Do you get that ? 

Message 32 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 123193 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

No I don't @Oxonian. I used to get it when Lithium was in use (before Khoros) but not now.

Remember I use my laptop for 99% of the time I'm on the forum.

If I use my phone there is no issue.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 53

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Spell-check don't work for me on laptop no matter whether I use Firefox (preferred), Chrome or Edge

Message 34 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 123193 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Spell-check don't work for me on laptop no matter whether I use Firefox (preferred), Chrome or Edge

@jonsie wrote:

Well that's at least two of us @jonsie 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 53

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6088 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

Ven_004
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am also in the same boat as the OP here. It would be great if a member of the team could PM me please.

Message 37 of 53

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12122 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

There is only one person on here from o2 @Ven_004 - that is @Dave-O2 .

I would suggest trying social media if you have not done so already. Links to o2's various social media are in this guide - Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

If you have done that, and still not got help, then click on Dave's name above and send him a PM.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 38 of 53

Ven_004
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dave have been a great help and fixed the problem for me!😃

Message 39 of 53

Mithun88g
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Looks like my issue has been resolved. Received new bill today with only 1 device plan in it. Thanks a lot @Dave-O2 for your help.

Message 40 of 53