Did you mean: 

Split port (<1month) affecting house purchase

rockstarsmith
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

I ported my number from vodafone to O2 on 22nd Sept. Since then, have not been able to receive calls or texts to my ported number.  This is currently causing a lot of frustration as I cannot withdraw mine and my partners deposit money from NS&I without the security call to confirm my identity - which in turn, is preventing being able to exchange on our first time house buy.

I highlighted the issue to O2 on 2nd October (10 days after port) that I could not receive texts and calls. Was taken through phone settings to ensure these were ok. An investigation was started with previous provider to check if number was fully released from their end, which was meant to take up to 2 working days.

On 8th October (6 days after investigation started), I contacted O2 and raised that I had not heard anything about the investigation. Taken again through phone settings to check. Was told to contact Vodafone myself to check if they have kept the account open. Contacted Vodafone, account was closed and porting looks fine. Contacted O2 again, "vodafone have confirmed the account was closed and port was fine". The best they could do was raise another request that will take up to 24 hours, but they didn't want to do that because the original request may be removed if another is placed.

16th Oct tried to withdraw deposit money for exchange of contracts and realised I could not receive security call to confirm identity.   Tweeted O2...no resolution as yet.

19th Oct --> rang customer services, escalation to technical team, resolved up to 24 hours (no reply)

20th Oct --> rang customer services, no reply, escalation to technical team, resolved up to 24 hours....

I also started a resolution expert request on 8th October after above discussion.

13th October -> provided more info for team ("we will respond to your email within next 5 working days (20th Oct)), no reply yet.

Is there anything I can do to speed this along? Really disapointed with all of this and just want to exchange contracts on house and be able to use my phone!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@O2Lisa wrote:

Thanks @MI5 I'll check it out nowsmiling

Confusion abounds @O2Lisa clownrofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 15

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

And it doesn't take much to confuse me @Cleoriff joy

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@O2Lisa wrote:

And it doesn't take much to confuse me @Cleoriff joy

Nor me @O2Lisa  (though I blame my age) LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 15

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Well I'm blonde @Cleoriff so I always blame thatyahoo

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I'm grey, although it's now a well dyed mahogany colour @O2Lisa (I kid myself I am younger)

I have been blonde though...back in the 60's. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 15