cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I requested a sim swap as have a new phone. My old sim has been disabled. The pin to unlock new nano sim is not working. So now without a phone. Can't find anything on O2 site to help and no one to ask. How do I activate my new sim? Any help much appreciated. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks I will do that. Thank you
Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
He does. It needs unlocking from Vodafone.

That comment came after I posted my previous comment which is now edited 

Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for responding. I make a few calls tomorrow... Thank you
Message 13 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

I’ve bought a device locked to Vodafone from a third party – how can I unlock it?

If you’ve bought a device locked to Vodafone from a third party, you can either join us as a new customer, or get the device unlocked to use on another network.

If you received your device from a friend or family member they will need to request the unlock code on your behalf.

Otherwise, we can only unlock your device when we’re sure it belongs to you. The best way to confirm this is by getting a free Pay as you go SIM online or in store and using it for 30 days – a necessary step to guard against fraudsters. You’ll then be able to complete the form to request a network unlock code (NUC), which we explain here

http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Setting-up-and-using-your-device/Unlock-your-phone/81196967/I-ve-bough...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck @Anonymous & do update us with how you get on 

Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all. This is my first post in a forum. I bought my daughters phone and her contract is in my name. So hopefully I should manage to unlock it. My kids have better phones than me! Really appreciate your help 😀

Message 16 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

My kids have better phones than me! 😀

Same here LOL

Welcome to the forum slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forum @Anonymous now you will be down with the kidsLOL

Message 18 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Bit late to the party....(PC problems Smiley Embarassed) I add my welcome to the others. If you want to stick around... then feel free to introduce yourself here. http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Introduce-yourself-on-the-O2-Community/m-p/1017674#M18901

It's great to have new members...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 19