cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim registration failed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I've recented changed from a Pay and Go tariff to an unlimited tarriff for £26.00 tariff, both on 02. I wanted to be able to keep my own number, so completed the form on the 02 website and was informed that I would be kept up to date with developments by text message and email, but that it would be completed within the next 3 - 4 hours. I tried putting my current Sim card in to my old phone and a message is displayed indicating that the registration failed. The same thing happens when I use the sim card I received with the phone. This happens on both my old and new phones. Any ideas?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Arrgh ok I get you sorry about that.

In which case give it 24 hours should be fine. If not use the number steersy gave you and chase them up.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Generally when you've lost signal on your old sim its a good sign. Put your new sim into your phone and periodically restart it. Can take up to 24 hours.

Don't keep swapping sims about if you damage the new one it will be a sod to sort out.

Hope this helps
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was the old sim cancelled today and the new one activated today?

It can take a few hours for the cross over, just keep switching your phone on and off every few hours with the new sim in it. If still having a problem tomorrow then contact Customer services via live chat on the main webiste or using the customer service number.

I will get for you in a sec

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Liquid beat me to it.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Customer service 0844 995 96 55
open til 9pm tomorrow
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. Perhaps I didn't explain myself very well. I am wanting to keep the same number from my Pay & Go and transfer it to my contract. I filled in the form on the 02 website and received an email to confirm that this had all gone through. I've tried using the sim I've had all the time and my new sim in both my old and new phones. I'm not wanting to change mobile number. Hope this makes sense. Thanks again for the responses.

Message 6 of 8

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Arrgh ok I get you sorry about that.

In which case give it 24 hours should be fine. If not use the number steersy gave you and chase them up.
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes makes sense, same rules apply. 

They are basically cancelling the mobile number on PAYG and the if you like starting a new mobile number ( the old mobile number) on a contract. 

How long since your old sim stopped working?

Message 8 of 8