Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim only to handset

Lauraabdn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I have a sim only plan it says on my 02 I can upgrade after 3 months to a handset but every time I speak to someone on live chat they keep telling me it’s 6 can anyone help me out with this please
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I'd advise you call 202 to speak to someone as usually they know what they are talking about better.
Check you meet the requirements here too https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/sim-only-upgrade-to-refresh-after-3-months-terms-and...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I'd advise you call 202 to speak to someone as usually they know what they are talking about better.
Check you meet the requirements here too https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/sim-only-upgrade-to-refresh-after-3-months-terms-and...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Lauraabdn
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi thanks for reply, I have had my sim only plan since June paid bills either early or on time but they have tried telling me I am not an exsisting customer! I should be allowed to upgrade on the 4th if it is the 3 months will see what that brings I have saved the terms and conditions so will quote these thank you
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Best of luck slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Lauraabdn
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Spoke to some one on Facebook today there saying am not classed as a exsisting customer v
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
What reason was given?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@LauraabdnI wouldn't bother with FB or live chat. You need to ring customer services, as advised above and speak to someone who knows what they are talking about. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

Lauraabdn
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What do I say when I phone any idea x
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Quote what I posted above.
Why are they saying you aren't a customer?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Lauraabdn
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
They said I am only a exsisting customer if my sim was a upgrade to start x
Message 10 of 11