Did you mean: 

Sim Swap not worked, Help!

Bex13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I received my new phone today (switched from Huawei to iPhone 11).  I've completed a sim swap (texted to 20220 as per instructions).  My old sim has been deactivated but my new one hasn't activated.  It's now been 6 hours without any network coverage.  When I've done this in the past it has always been an instant swap from old sim to new one.

I've tried to phone customer services all day but due to their reduced hours because of coronavirus I keep getting through to an automated message advising they aren't taking calls.  Live chat is also not working.

Can anybody please help?  I'm starting to panic that my relatives who may need help due to the coronavirus epidemic can't contact me.  I'm so annoyed at myself now for changing my phone, if I thought there would be an issue like this I wouldn't have accepted an upgrade and just continued with my old one.

Any help appreciated pray

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

O2Lorna
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 192 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 22 Solutions
Sim swaps are taking longer than usual at the moment you may need to be patient and wait or you could call them

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
signature
Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23077 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Bex13 As said, sim swaps are taking longer than usual. If your old sim has stopped working it means that the process has started. Keep trying to turn your phone off and on every hour or so.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

Bex13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still no luck. 

I called customer service at 8am this morning and was advised to wait until 10am as that would be 24 hours since the old sim deactivated.  I was advised they can take up to 24 hours to swap but it would definitely go through by then.  It's now 25 hours later and still not working.  I've tried to call customer services but now they aren't accepting calls.

I appreciate that everything is taking longer, but I think it's irresponsible of o2 to contact customers to upgrade and not warn them that sim swaps would take longer.  They are advertising on their website and social media that they understand people need to stay connected more than ever.  Yet here they are making money from upgrades which are causing people to lose their network coverage.  

I've always loved o2 I've been a customer for 15 years, but I'm frustrated beyond belief with this.  People who are isolated and need to contact me are unable to, I'm also unable to access my online banking etc as the apps are verified by an SMS code to my phone which I'm obviously not receiving.

o2 need to warn customers before they upgrade that sim swaps are going to take a while to go through and they will have no network access.  At no point was I advised this, if I was I wouldn't have upgraded.  Family being able to contact me is far more important to me than a new phone!

Aside from the main telephone number which isn't taking calls is there any other way I can contact Customer Service?

Message 5 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
All numbers and ways to contact we know of are in the links already provided @Bex13.
Sorry we can't help more...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 6