cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal is gone: O2 is not even on list of my network carriers anymore

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm devastated, I have lost the signal on Friday afternoon and since then it hasn't come back. I use iphone4 which works fine, but now I can only use it on wifi. Can't call/text/use mobile data.
I have tried everything: soft reset, hard reset, airplane mode on/off, 3G off, removing SIM card. I even upgraded to ios7 even though its not recommended for my old model!
O2 doesn't even show up on the list of carriers now, only Vodafone (but I can't connect with it). I didn't damage my phone. According to their live status checker, network in my area works fine and there's no planned maintenance.
Usually I get 3 bars at home, now there's just no service.
I really wanted to get an iPhone 5s now from O2, but if O2 stopped providing service in my area then what's the point? I can't call anyone from O2 cause my phone doesn't work (and I don't have the landline). I chatted with online advisors from O2, but they were bloody useless. I live in shetland, and they told me to go to the O2 store. Yeah, the nearest one is in Aberdeen:(
How can I find out if O2 just decided to cut us off and won't provide any service?
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
There is little choice if the phone is not working and I'm sure they could manage a replacement SIM or an adapter without too much trouble !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
The op has limited contact options Richard hence why I suggested live chat.
Message 12 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're being very helpful bandofbrothers, but it's just a hopeless case. I got excited about that TuGo app, got it on ipad, and hey guess what, to register, I need to receive the text with code from O2 first lol. I use viber so I'm in touch with at least one person, but majority of friends don't use it apps like that. I know it's all first world problems but it gets a bit frustrating.
Message 13 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can make voice calls through facebook.

I feel your frustration.
Message 14 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey, my friend came up to visit me, and although he had a completely different phone (can't swap SIM cards), he has his number in O2 as well. And lost the signal while being here! So it's gotta be network! What's the chance that they will send some engineers down to my area? I feel like talking to online assistants is pointless, cause two different ones claimed its my fault, cause network shows it's working okay on the website.
Message 15 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
If enough people report a mast as not operating as indicated on the service checker they normally check it out.
Message 16 of 21

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Download the my network o2 app and turn your wifi off once you have the app open use the report back option to create a fault report then reenable wifi to send the report to o2.

That way they get signal info etc from your phone then they may investigate the issue.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 17 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you adamtemp, I've done that now. I will be able to go to bigger town in Shetland tomorrow and see if I get signal anywhere. I have also received info from another person from my area that lost signal over 2 days ago. The most infuriating bit is to see that live status checker website on O2, saying that our network is working absolutely fine.

During last two years I had problems like these, network would just vanish suddenly and then reappear after few hours, maximum 1 night or so. But 3 days?
Message 18 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fingers crossed for you Lessthanjane.

slight_smile
Message 19 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Depending on the nature of the fault it can sometimes take weeks to resolve. Unfortunately it's a case of having to hang on until the network team fix it.
It most likely won't take weeks but it can happen.
Hopefully they get your mast sorted quickly for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 21