cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal is gone: O2 is not even on list of my network carriers anymore

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm devastated, I have lost the signal on Friday afternoon and since then it hasn't come back. I use iphone4 which works fine, but now I can only use it on wifi. Can't call/text/use mobile data.
I have tried everything: soft reset, hard reset, airplane mode on/off, 3G off, removing SIM card. I even upgraded to ios7 even though its not recommended for my old model!
O2 doesn't even show up on the list of carriers now, only Vodafone (but I can't connect with it). I didn't damage my phone. According to their live status checker, network in my area works fine and there's no planned maintenance.
Usually I get 3 bars at home, now there's just no service.
I really wanted to get an iPhone 5s now from O2, but if O2 stopped providing service in my area then what's the point? I can't call anyone from O2 cause my phone doesn't work (and I don't have the landline). I chatted with online advisors from O2, but they were bloody useless. I live in shetland, and they told me to go to the O2 store. Yeah, the nearest one is in Aberdeen:(
How can I find out if O2 just decided to cut us off and won't provide any service?
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@lessthanjane If you do get signal when out today try and set up tugo so that you can use it at home if the fault continues.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 21 of 21