cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim de-activated

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I used 02 as a pay as you go back up phone, but it wasn't used much.  It was used more than enough to keep it alive,  and still had a fair amount of credit on it (about £18), since I put a few top ups in initially.  I didn't realise there was a time limit in further top ups, so the card was de-activated for not topping up again in the required time.

A family member did the same as me, so we both had same network as back up phones and their sim was also cancelled losing credit as well.

It's been a while to log on here about it as I have no 02 number anymore for registration and it's easier to find Lord Lucan than the 02 live chat, so I gave up on that.  Thought I'll ask here as a last resort, Is there any chance of number re-activation and re-imbursed credit?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7801 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

They are not questions we can answer here as the Community is made up solely of customers.

Only customer services can help and it will depend on how long your number has been inactive

Try

From another phone 0344 8090222 Standard UK rate

Or use social media. Links in the guide 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply Enlli. 

You'd think 02 would put staff on the community forum, to help since live chat seems non existant.  Anyway since my 02 number has been de-activated I don't want to make a call on standard rate as I probably be kept waiting which will cost me even more money, without the guarantee I will get my sim credit back at the end of call. I'll just call it a day and remember never to use 02 again contract or pay as you go.

Even this 02 site is terrible to access, had to reset pass both times, even though correct email/password was inputted, then a further error sending pass change code, so had to do that twice.

Message 3 of 3