cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal been down for 3 days..

Anonymous
Not applicable

I live within the SY21 area, Welshpool Powys.

We have had no service since Thursday AM. Signal comes and goes. Messages will sometimes send, but more often than not wont. Phone calls - if they dial, take around a minute to actually dial out, and then drop.

The service status says there is an issue with the mast. I contacted O2 who seem to think that it's a 3G issue. WE DON'T HAVE 3G HERE. After an hour on the phone to O2, they were still telling me it was my phone, my SIM card and my 3G. Makes me wonder whether they know how to use there own system.

Does anyone have any idea how we can find out when service is likely to be restored? Or why it is down? The towns in either direction (3-14 miles) have service no problem..

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23113 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

The only thing you can do is call Customer Services again, report the issue as what you see on the service status, and hope that you get someone on the other end who is more sympathetic regarding your problem who can give you a better estimate as to when your service will be restored. Not much comfort, I know, but I don't think there's much else you can do.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23113 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

The only thing you can do is call Customer Services again, report the issue as what you see on the service status, and hope that you get someone on the other end who is more sympathetic regarding your problem who can give you a better estimate as to when your service will be restored. Not much comfort, I know, but I don't think there's much else you can do.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 13

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://status.o2.co.uk/ says they are investigating an issue just keep checking there it can take days - weeks to fix depending on the issue

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I live between Guilsfield/Arddleen (6 miles away) and have similar problems with delayed or non sending texts and no phone service (emergency calls only) for days now. O2 live service says a local phone mast is down but says nothing about when it will be dealt with. Recent experience with another annoying matter gives me no faith at all in 02's helpline services either on phone or online. 

Message 4 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If it says the mast is down you know they're going to be getting it fixed.

These faults are dealt with as a priority.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me the same ph16 area off for 4 days.

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Area coverage was down for 4 days in this area (ph16 5ly) am I expected to pay for something I cant use. I dont think so. Do something about it.

Message 7 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Me the same ph16 area off for 4 days.

Have you reported it?

I doubt they will respond to your order though.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes got it back in the afternoon been off since Sunday but still expected to pay. 

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes i have reported it to O2..

To those within Welshpool or near and having problems - apparently it's a 3G issue. If you turn 3G off on your phone (usually within data settings), it solves the issue.

I don't understand how this works however, our mast does not provide 3G signal to O2 in our area - so it bewilders me..

Some people only have there mobile, O2 could at least contact customers to let them know..

Message 10 of 13