Did you mean: 

Sheisty sales tactics - Aerial Mobile

bluescreener
Level 3: Thinker
  • 81 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Beware this company!

I have my O2 account preferences set for no marketing calls by phone. I was called today (number withheld) by someone claiming to be from Aerial (sp?) Mobile "On behalf of O2". He told me that my Simplicity contract had "expired" and that he could "renew it for me over the phone". ( It hasn't "expired", it's a rolling 30-day contract.)

I advised him that I always making a point of dealing with O2 directly - he then said something about working in parnership with O2 and asked me again whether I wanted to renew - told him that I did not want him to renew my contract and asked if the call was being recorded - the call was then dropped before I got an answer.

Called O2 c/s to complain about this and they acknowledged that I have opted out of marketing calls by phone. I asked the nice c/s lady if she could tell me who they were and she said she wasn't aware of any such partnership. I then asked her to note on my account that I had expressly forbidden Aerial to renew in case anything should appear from them. I asked how they got hold of my contact details, she said she was uncertain so I then asked her to note I regarded this was a data protection issue and for someone to investigate and get back to me.  

So is this company working for O2, if not then O2 leaked my contact and contract details. Let's see if I get an answer.

At the trailing edge of technology.
Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, they are a business reseller for O2 - Many complaints on here about them though, if you use search you'll find the other posts....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, they are a business reseller for O2 - Many complaints on here about them though, if you use search you'll find the other posts....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

General rule of thumb.

Dont upgrade from a cold call from anyone.

Take time to do some homework on whats available and perofrm the new contract/upgrade on their official home page or in the high-street outlets.

Message 3 of 17

bluescreener
  • 81 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks for confirming that guys.
@bandofbrothers - I'm normally pretty ruthless with cold callers...
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do get the occasional call saying they want to know if I'm happy with my current tariff and then go on to try and sell me a monthly contract.

Message 5 of 17

bluescreener
Level 3: Thinker
  • 81 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

I used some Google-Fo with "aerial  mobile site:community.o2.co.uk" in the seach box. It was most revealing Smiley Surprised

Sounds like the same company mentioned in thread 438606.

[edit - link fixed, thanks MI5.]

Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yep, that's them.
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Are-Aerial-Communications-Legit/td-p/438606
You link wasn't working so linked above - Hope you don't mind?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 17

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
When are they going to be stopped this is happening far to often.

I thought there was a response from toby about this lot.

Where the user was severely under stress etc. http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/O2-or-Aerial-who-am-I-with-and-why-has-my-phone-st...
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It would appear they are not getting the message 😞

Currently using:
Message 9 of 17

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
I think a few more dm on @o2 will lead to this new thread
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 10 of 17