cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 or Aerial - who am I with? and why has my phone stopped working when I tried to ask O2 online?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My 02 contract was up for renewal and someone claiming to be from 02 phoned and offered me a new deal for 24 months. My contract now seems to be with Aerial but my bank Direct Debit is still with 02. Are they a bonafide company? Today they (Aerial) sent me a letter saying I'm due a monthly refund for not getting a new phone, and want my bank details including account no and sort code. Is this all OK? I tried getting help with an O2 online advisor but they couldn't help me and now my mobile phone has stopped working. Screen looks fine but I cannot send or receive calls or texts since asking for help!!!

Message 1 of 243
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi claudiaq,

Send me a private message about this (so I can help you get contacted) and we'll see if anything can be done.

A big thanks to perksie for flagging this!

EDIT: Click on my name to find a link where you can send me a message slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 16 of 243
242 REPLIES 242

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144306 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

They have been discussed here before and I believe they are a business reseller for O2 accounts.

http://www.aerial-telephones.co.uk/aerial/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, that's what O2 advisor told me, that they were a "retail partner". I just think it is odd they are asking me for my mobile number, bank account and sort code number as well as name of bank.  I pay them by Direct Debit every month, surely they could just reduce my DD. Has anyone else had the same experience?

Message 4 of 243

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You must be a business customer, they are an O2 Partner:

http://www.o2.co.uk/business/how-to-buy/partners

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have a business, it's just my own personal phone, but you are right they have given me a "business account" and I'm not happy with them at all - I can't make head nor tail of my bills now and they are a lot more than they told me they would be. I signed up for 24 months - does anyone know if I can cancel. I was happy with O2, I'd never have changed company if they hadn't hoodwinked me into thinking I was still with O2!

Message 6 of 243

MI5
  • 144306 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, that's what O2 advisor told me, that they were a "retail partner". I just think it is odd they are asking me for my mobile number, bank account and sort code number as well as name of bank.  I pay them by Direct Debit every month, surely they could just reduce my DD. Has anyone else had the same experience?

I would call them myself using the contact details you know to be correct and not trust a cold call from them.... As you say, "they" should know your details already....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 243

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Personally I would never give out bank details over the phone unless 100% sure the call is legitimate.

Message 8 of 243

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't have a business, it's just my own personal phone, but you are right they have given me a "business account" and I'm not happy with them at all - I can't make head nor tail of my bills now and they are a lot more than they told me they would be. I signed up for 24 months - does anyone know if I can cancel. I was happy with O2, I'd never have changed company if they hadn't hoodwinked me into thinking I was still with O2!

They have no right to push you onto a business account.

If you didn't ask for a business account make a formal complaint and hopefully you'll get this sorted out:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mobile%29,CASE=13668

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 243

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK so I've tried to complain to O2 but just got passed from pillar to post by O2 online chat and they eventually just ignored me, so I went into the O2 store yesterday and the person there said O2 have passed my details to this Aerial company and they are a retail partner.  Today I tried to send Aerial this e-mail with the address they gave me and guess what, I got a message saying "no such e-mail address exists" I tried to phone Aerial with the number they provided me with and I got a message saying no such number exists. Here is a copy of the e-mail I tried to send them which cannot be delivered, it explains it all. I am now seriously worried !!!! I am also very angry O2 has sold me down the river after about 6 years of me being a loyal customer!

Dear Sirs,

I have received a cheque for £5 from you and a letter asking me to supply you with my bank account details so you can refund me via standing order with a monthly discount.
Why do you need my bank details when I already pay O2 by direct debit, and O2 already have all my bank details.

When I rang the number you supplied to discuss this with you I got a message telling me that the number is not recognised. When I logged into the website address you supplied me with to register my bank details I got a popup message which said

"You are about to log in to the site "aerial-direct.co.uk" with the username "standingorder", but the website does not require authentication. This may be an attempt to trick you."

Is "aerial-direct.co.uk" the site you want to visit?

You state in the letter than I can reply by filling in the form and returning it in the pre-paid envelope provided. The envelope you provided is a window envelope with no address on it and I can't see any sign of it being pre-paid. It only gives your address on the reverse flat as "if undelivered please return to"

Alarm bells are screaming at me here, on top of which when I signed up with you for 24 months in July, I was led to believe my account was with O2 not Aerial (whom I've never heard of). You have also put me on a business contract when my phone is my own personal phone, I do not have a business.

If you owe me money, why can't you just deduct it from my Direct Debit amount I pay you every month or send me another cheque. I am not sending my bank details so someone I cannot trust and don't know anything about.

Message 10 of 243