cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status of O2 business partners

Anonymous
Not applicable

My partner has recently been 'cold called' by Aerial Business Communications (ABC-a Portsmouth based company) and offered an O2 contract for her independently purchased IPhone, she is unsure of the status of this organisation and if signing up with them means you actually have an O2 contract as opposed a contract with  ABC, could you clarify please,

thanks

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions

I used to work for one of the companies on the list, and they were fairly good, but a couple should definitley be avoided.

However, if one of those companies is calling you, and you are an existing O2 business customae, then it is highly likey that O2 gave them your information. They went through a restructure a few years ago, and effectively "outsourced" most of their business CS to partners. In return the partners are paid a percentage of your spend.

Further they have a "Rules of Engagement" process to stop partners stealing each others customers, and to stop partners stealing accounts that O2 "direct" retained, so the likelihood is O2 have asked them to contact you. Doesn't mean you need to use them tho'.

ewan

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Run fast.... In the opposite direction wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 3 of 17

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Never heard of them before.

I always work on the basis unless I've asked for a call its a scam.

Concur with mi5

http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2012/04/27/o2-dealer-aerial-rebrands-in-bid-to-dominate-convergence-s...

appears they do exist legitimately still doesn't mean to trust them.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 17

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

o2 deals with companies (O2 Centre of excellence partners) normal for business customers but if on the list they are known to o2 http://www.o2.co.uk/business/how-to-buy/partners 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 17

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 6 of 17

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@jonsie I concur and perhaps the op should contact o2 directly and report the partner company to see if they are in breach of the dpa etc.

I know how some of the centre of excellence partners behave we saw many complaints about one still on the list, I know I was one of them complaining.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ignore them & run

Message 8 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Not quite ready for business though:

http://www.aerial-telephones.co.uk/

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 17

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions

I used to work for one of the companies on the list, and they were fairly good, but a couple should definitley be avoided.

However, if one of those companies is calling you, and you are an existing O2 business customae, then it is highly likey that O2 gave them your information. They went through a restructure a few years ago, and effectively "outsourced" most of their business CS to partners. In return the partners are paid a percentage of your spend.

Further they have a "Rules of Engagement" process to stop partners stealing each others customers, and to stop partners stealing accounts that O2 "direct" retained, so the likelihood is O2 have asked them to contact you. Doesn't mean you need to use them tho'.

ewan

Message 10 of 17