Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service issues, being fobbed off by Customer Services

Blzbob
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
So as the title suggests I'm having service issues and not really getting anywhere with o2 customer services. I'll try to keep this summary as concise as possible:

On a pay monthly device plan and o2 refresh. Been a customer for years now and no issues until last week. All of a sudden no access to mobile data and can't make or receive calls or texts either. I still had full signal and was still clearly connected to the o2 network. I tried all the standard troubleshooting. Restarted device, reset network settings, cleaned the SIM contacts, manual network selection. Still the same issue. So I tried the SIM in other known working devices. Still the same issue. Full signal, connected to o2-UK, no calls or texts (in or out) and no mobile data. I even tried my partners o2 SIM in my own phone, which worked fine. So I'm thinking the SIM card is needing the SIM card replaced and I go to call o2 from the problematic SIM card: call connects fine, automated service tells me "you need to pay the full outstanding balance on your account to have full access to your phones services" or words along those lines. So I'm thinking that explains everything, clearly a debt restriction has been placed on my SIM plan.

So I get connected to an advisor who tells me my billing is up to date, no bill due for around 2 weeks, also no restriction they can see on my account, or any network issues in my area. They agree its likely a SIM card issue and send me out a replacement, which I'm happy with until I stop to think it a little more: if the SIM was defective to the point of not letting make or receive calls, why can I still contact customer services? And why did the automated service tell me my bill was overdue when it wasn't? So I call back and get another agent who was a godsend.

After explaining the issues and why I thought the replacement SIM being sent might not resolve things, he confirmed my bills were not overdue and there no restrictions he could see on my account, and agreed the issue was a strange one and spoke to another team. He comes back to tell me there was in fact a "data block" applied on my SIM plan, which this other team have now removed which should restore my services within 24 hours. I question why a "data" block would affect my calls and texts, he admits he's not sure but has been advised everything should be working fully again very shortly. Great, problem solved (or so I thought).

Within an hour everything was working again. I could make and receive calls, use 4g and I was getting texts again. It was the following day before I noticed I still couldn't SEND text messages. I check my SMSSC number is correct and that's about it. No big deal, I can live with that temporarily. Hopefully the replacement SIM will solve that issue.

So the SIM arrives, i activate the replacement and wait until the service on my old SIM drops off before putting the replacement in my phone. Looks promising, full signal, o2-UK displayed in the top left of my phone.

Now I'm back where I started: no mobile data. No outgoing or incoming calls and texts. All I can do is call check my voicemail and call o2 customer services. Which I do. After explaining the situation and whats happened previously I'm told to wait another 24 hours for service to be fully restored due to replacement SIM. Apparently there no note on the account from when the "data block" was remove that previously fixed most of the issues. Nothing to indicate what exactly the issue was, or how it was resolved. Oh, and the automated service still tells me my bill is overdue and I won't be able to access my services until its paid! Though again I'm told by the advisor its not overdue, and there's no restrictions. Basically just "call back in 24 hours if it's still not working".

Does anyone have any idea what's going on and how I can solve this, short of constantly calling Cs until I get the dude who mostly solved the problem the first time?

Thanks in advance, apologies for the long winded post.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Blzbob
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks Emilie! All fixed now, I'm very grateful.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I’ll tag @EmilieT ro take a look at this tomorrow for you. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Blzbob
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thank you! I appreciate its a bit of a strange one. Any and all help or advice would be warmly welcomed! slight_smile
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It sounds like an account issue so Emile is best placed to look into it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Blzbob, and sorry to hear you've been struggling with this for some time now! I'l gladly get someone on my end to look into it for you slight_smile I'll need a few more details first so I'll send you a Private Message shortly.

Thanks for the mention @MI5 thumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 7

Blzbob
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks Emilie! All fixed now, I'm very grateful.
Message 6 of 7

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Great news @Blzbob, just in time for the weekend! sun

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7