Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same day delivery, contract upgrade

K8ighty3
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
This morning at around 5:30am I started the upgrade process, I paid off the remainder of my device plan, plus the upfront fee for the new device, and finally the £9.99 for same day delivery.

My order has been stuck "in progress" since then, I've been in touch with o2 CS 3 times today, the first time was live chat, who informed me the status of my order was awaiting dispatch.

The second time was over the phone, they informed me of the same thing that live chat did, and that nothing more could be done.

The third time actually got me some more information, I managed to get them to call through to the warehouse to chase it up, and they told me that my new device hadn't been scanned through, but was on the verge of being done and that there is a que on the scanning process. This was at 6pm, its now 9:45pm and the order is STILL showing as "in progress" on my account. Also the lady offered me a refund of the same day delivery charge, which I accepted.

Why offer same day delivery if it can't be upheld? Surely customers paying for same day delivery would be bumped further ahead in this warehouse scanning que? I now have no idea when I'll get the phone, and o2 CS seem to be clueless on the subject too. The same day delivery was supposed to be between 6pm and 10pm today.
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @K8ighty3

Unless you get an email to state the phone has been dispatched, I doubt you will be getting it today. (although it has happened on rare occasions without the email)

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/how-to-track-your-order

Once you get the email it can then be tracked via My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Please keep us updated wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 20

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Personally I do not believe what you have been told. If you have not received a dispatch email the phone isn't on its way.

Message 12 of 20

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @K8ighty3, and welcome to the forum smiling Did you receive your new phone in the end or are you still stuck? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 13 of 20

Faithfull
  • 35 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Ive got to say i disagree. I ordered a Huawei P20 Pro last week Thursday and paid for evening delivery for the following day. I didnt recieve a single update via email or text yet the phone turned up as promied at 10pm Friday night.

Message 14 of 20

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Faithfull wrote:

Ive got to say i disagree. I ordered a Huawei P20 Pro last week Thursday and paid for evening delivery for the following day. I didnt recieve a single update via email or text yet the phone turned up as promied at 10pm Friday night.

Usually you get an email, not a text and it may have gone into your spam folder by mistake.

However, it's always possible for things to not go as planned for various reasons......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 20

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 sometimes work in mysterious ways but I have to say that whilst I'm glad you got the phone as planned, it isn't the 'normal' way O2 deliver to customers. Happily your experience was different grin

Message 16 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Rarely have we heard of people receiving a device without the tracking email....though it has happened on rare occasions...this must have been one of them wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 20

K8ighty3
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi guys,sorry for the lack of any updates! I finally received my phone on tuesday at around 6:30pm. I had murder with CS over the phone on saturday, i phoned them a total of 3 times.

The first person informed me the phone had been dispatched and that he didn't have any tracking information available but would monitor the account and text me with updates by 1pm that day, i didn't hear a word from him at all.

The second person i spoke to was seriously rude, i was obviously annoyed and sick of being lied to, any time she thought i was interrupting her she would spontaneously put me on hold without any warning, and she also kept insisting the reason i hadn't got the phone yet was because it was out of stock. When i asked for her manager she said there wasn't one available and that she would put in a request which would take 24-48 hours, she also said she would send a message to the guy i'd spoken to previously to find out why he had told me my phone had been dispatched when it clearly hadn't, and get him to call me back. None of this happened.

The third person i spoke to was lovely, she confirmed there were no stock issues with the phone, and she even rang through to uk mail to find out when it would be collected from the warehouse, which would have been the day i actually got the phone delivered to me. She also confirmed that the rude person i'd spoken to hadn't put the request for the manager through, or messaged the other advisor to find out why i'd been told the phone was dispatched on saturday, it also transpired that the rude person hadn't even bothered to enter any details onto my account at all. This final person i spoke to was the only one to actually tell me the truth out of the 10 or so calls i made to o2 CS, so i'm really not impressed with how things were handled up to that point.

Like i said, the phone turned up on Tuesday, and i'm seriously happy with it, it's a great phone! It's just a shame that o2 CS turned what should have been a simple process into a massive ordeal for me.

I'll mark this as solved, thank you for your input though! slight_smile

Message 18 of 20

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good to hear you are sorted slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 20

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's such a sad state of affairs when you have to make multiple calls to finally get through to someone who actually gives a damn. These calls are recorded and a team manager may/may not listen to it in order to monitor the performance of team members. Let's hope they do so with regards to your issues speaking to them.

Enjoy the hone though now you finally have it rainbow

Message 20 of 20