Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

SORRY! HTTP request was interupted by the host!

is anyone else getting this really annoying message frequently, if its not this im getting that the connection was refused by the host or that the request was refused by the host, it is really starting to annoy me as it is happening more and more often, any suggestions on how to get rid of it ive rang o2 but there answer to everything is turn your phone off and then switch it back on?????
Anonymous

What was the web address you were trying to load?
maybe its an adult site thats blocked by O2. Please supply the address so it can be investigated.
Anonymous

it does it everytime i use facebook, everytime i log on to the o2 active page, i never use anything with adult content, it just does it constantly and its really starting to annoy me, last night it did it 4 times and all i was trying to do was open an email
Anonymous

have you tried re-installing the settings? if you havent tried texting 'ACTIVE' to 2020 and the settings will be sent to your phone. make sure you turn the phone off and back on again after installation.

If that doesnt fix it, try using your sim card in a phone which you know can access the internet. If this works you will know its either i senting on the phone or the phone faulty. If the phone does exactly the same that will indicate a SIM card fault.

Hope this helps
Anonymous

first of all ive had the phone for over a year now, the phone is working fine, the problem only started in the last couple of months, secondly if i have lost count of the amount of times i have had to re download the settings and switch my phone off and back on, the problem is obviously with o2 as they are infact the host so instead of telling me all the things ive already done why dont they just look into the problem and fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous

Actually O2 aren't the host, its the site you are connecting to.

You don't by any chance have a SonyEricsson phone do you? I ask because there is a firmware problem (one of many) in many SonyEricsson phones which can cause this. I'm afraid the only cure is to update reflash the firmware or send the phone for repair.
Anonymous

no i have a samsung, well now i cant get on to my hotmail at all i now just keep getting a sorry status error code 503, any ideas what this means????????????
Anonymous

Status Code 503 means:

The Web server (running the Web site) is currently unable to handle the HTTP request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server.

So basically, Hotmail are having a temporary problem, try again later.
Anonymous

basically, the best option is to stamp on my phone a few times, draw my curtains drink vodka straight from the bottle, quit my job and never leave the house again as technology is rubbish!
Anonymous

I was so glad to see this post. My trusted LG Viewty Silver that I have had for nearly 15 months has just started to have the same error messages on the web. I do not use any adult sites, (sorry but boring person!!) and have tried switching it off etc. The messages occur on lots of different sites not just one in particular. Its nice to know its not just my mobile going wrong....

Anyhow, think I may buy an Iphone on Pay as you go and stick my monthly contract sim in so that I can have one early.. and keep my 1000 texts.. hee hee. Smiley Mad