Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

SMS Not Working. ARGH!

I got my old o2 pay and go number to get swapped to my pay monthly and since the changeover I can't send SMS. It worked fine on the old pay monthly number but not since the swap. I tried it in another phone and got the same outcode. I can receive them fine and make calls though. I checked the message centre numbers and they were all correct. :robotindifferent:
Highlighted
Anonymous

SMS Not Working. ARGH!

If you've tried your sim in another handset and outgoing sms isn't working on that either, and your message centre numbers are correct then it may be a porting issue.

It's looking like a call to o2 is required. Good news is it's free to call from your handset. 2302 if it's an iphone, 202 if it's anything else.
Highlighted
Topics: 570
Solutions: 3,787

SMS Not Working. ARGH!

Taken from O2 help pages:
I can't send texts since my mobile number transfer

You may find that you're not able to send text for up to 24 hours after your number transfer. Don't worry about this, it's normal. The service will available within 24 hours.
We do suggest that you check your message centre number that is stored in your mobile, usually in "message settings", as this needs to be correct to send text messages.
For all Pay & Go customers, your message centre number is +447802092035.
For all Pay Monthly customers, your message centre number is +447802000332.

Perhaps give it a little longer or if its past the time scale, call them.
Hope this helps
Highlighted
Anonymous

SMS Not Working. ARGH!

Thanks for the quick replies.

Thanks Steve. I looked on the help pages but they are a nightmare to navigate.

That explains it all.

Appreciated. Smiley Very Happy