Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

SIM only at end of contract

My contract is ending soon. I planned to change to another supplier but, if I stay with O2 but change to a SIM only plan will I keep the same SIM card? Thanks.
Highlighted
Level 46: Trendy

Re: SIM only at end of contract

Yes - you would need to call customer services and they will swap you to the tariff you choose.
Make sure you do this, particularly if you got your current contract from a 3rd party as otherwise you will be paying for device + phone...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

Thank you. I really don't want the hassle of changing the SIM card and possibly losing saved info on it.
Highlighted
Topics: 550
Solutions: 12,993

You shouldn’t have anything saved on the sim these days anyway but as long as you do the transfer through o2 customer service on 202 you won’t need to worry about it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)