Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card

Silver_Fairy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A couple of weeks ago I went on live chat to ask how to change my contract SIM for a PAYG SIM, keeping my old number, as I was going abroad. As I had left it late and wouldn't be able to wait for it to be posted out I was told I could go to an O2 store and get a SIM card and do the process that way.

Not sure what I have or haven't done but although I have topped up and received a text saying I have  100 free texts, 100 free minutes calls and 1024mb of data I cannot even send a text!

Help would be appreciated please

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144408 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
You must have a new log in now you've changed tariff from contract to PAYG then.
You will have to contact cs for help as we can't access accounts from here, sorry http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
  • 144408 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
If you are now abroad you can't use those allowances as they are for UK use only.
You need to add credit and also change your tariff to the "Simply PAYG" so you can keep your top up credit.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 16

Silver_Fairy
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How do I do that?

Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 144408 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
The easiest way is to change your tariff in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Currently using:
Message 4 of 16

Silver_Fairy
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It just says discontinued bill in my account

Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 144408 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
You must have a new log in now you've changed tariff from contract to PAYG then.
You will have to contact cs for help as we can't access accounts from here, sorry http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 6 of 16

Silver_Fairy
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is online chat not available today?

Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 144408 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
No, looks like it's down at the moment unfortunately.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122948 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I am surprised to hear that. Many complaints on here today. Thought it was all fixed...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 144408 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Don't know about phone lines but live chat been showing busy all day for me.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 16