cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Swop

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help please. Got a new Lumia 535 on Monday through Carphone Warehouse, which is a Windows phone. This was a big mistake as the phone is ok [ish] but the apps available is very poor. So I am wondering if it is possible to swop the sim card back from this Lumia to my old Samsung S3 without any effect on contract/charges etc? Or should I contact O2 to seek their advice?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can put the sim in any phone you like, no matter to O2.
They will even swap it for one of the correct size for free, if necessary for you slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can put the sim in any phone you like, no matter to O2.
They will even swap it for one of the correct size for free, if necessary for you slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

As @MI5 says O2 don't care what phone you use, all the allowances stay with the sim.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you only bought the phone on Monday you should be able to return it to CPW. There must be a cooling off return policy.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I appreciate your reply.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good luck mate.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

That thank you was to all "repliers".

As for the return to Carphone Warehouse I would do that but very surprisingly I have someone who would like to take it off my hands.

Will be swopping sim back to Samsung S3 right now.

Thanks to all

Message 7 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You're very welcome. If you've found someone to take the Lumia then that's all the better. As long as the sim in the Lumia is the same size that you'll need for your Samsung there should be no problem. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 8