cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Charges in France

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am plannig a trip to France, and I am a pay monthly customer, so I have 02 Travel. What's worrying me is getting charged for roaming charges. Can anyone please advice me how to avoid these, what things on the phone to turn off etc?

Thanks

Nick

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Turn off "enable data whilst roaming" and to be entirely safe turn off the phones data connection completely. You can still use wifi where available.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Turn off "enable data whilst roaming" and to be entirely safe turn off the phones data connection completely. You can still use wifi where available.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you considered obtaining a local SIM card and using that , if your phone is unlocked to all networks.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. Sorry to be a luddite, but will turning off the roaming charges mean that I cannot make phone calls?

Nick

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Data roaming will only turn off data. Your phone will still function for calls and text messages.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's brilliant, thank you.
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have a nice holiday....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7