Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning an upgrade!

Jodie-Steeler
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently upgraded my o2 contract (on Thursday) and I was on a 'free early upgrade' plan if I moved to o2 refresh (original contract was from carphone warehouse). 

I upgraded online on o2.co.uk and chose to pick the phone up from my local store using click and collect.

I have since decided that I do not like the device and wanted to change it for something more appropriate.

I have a "14 day cooling off period with no reason" clause in both parts of the refresh contract.  

I went into the O2 store and was told to ring 202 customer services as they would need to arrange for the phone to be picked up etc and for the new contract to be changed over and this had done over the phone.

However, I was told by 202 that the device could be returned to the store, despite it being an online order as this was click and collect. Luckily I was still near the store, so went in and the manager spoke to the 202 customer services and refused to accept the phone and was telling him this wasn't the policy. I was clearly in limbo as 2 different workers didn't seem to know what was happening.

Anyway, the 202 cs couldn't help and neither would the store. I was told I had to return to the store where I picked up the device.

Does anyone have any advice for me to try and cancel this contract after having it less than a week? Any help would be greatly appreciated!  

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The rules on this are clear.
Online orders have to be returned to the online sales dept.
It matters not that you collected from store, it is still an online sale.
Customer services need to arrange a returns label for you which will be emailed to you
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The rules on this are clear.
Online orders have to be returned to the online sales dept.
It matters not that you collected from store, it is still an online sale.
Customer services need to arrange a returns label for you which will be emailed to you
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Jodie-Steeler
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

But I have been told by both the store and customer services that they could be returned instore as long as it was the store I originally click and collected from as this was the stores stock.

That's what is abit confusing as all O2 staff are telling me different things! The 202 guy said it wouldn't be accepted via the phone.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
OK, so if it was store stock it needs to go back to the store. I thought you meant it was delivered to your local store, sorry.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Jodie-Steeler

It wouldn't be store stock. It was an online order for click and collect. That means they would have ordered from other stock to be delvered to the store of your choice for you to collect.

As said, the rules are clear if you read the link above. Online orders, whether for home delivery or click and collect have to be returned via the route specified once you contact customer service and express your intent to return. You will be emailed a return label etc etc..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Jodie-Steeler
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It was a click and collect order which was available on the day.

I was told by staff on the phone and instore two conflicting ways to return the phone. The 202 guy clarified many times with his manager that this couldn't be returned over the phone and then said it could be returned to the store.

The guy in store said it needed to be returned over the phone...

I've read the link numerous times but have been told by O2 staff themselves different to what is stated online. It's annoying due to the 14 days return policy and then being left without a device if it has to be returned via the post.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Has the store confirmed it was their stock or that it was delivered into them from somewhere else for your order?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7