Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking a iPhone

Benoo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been trying to get my iphone unlocked for more than a week now and each time nothing happens. I need it unlocked for a seperate sim this weekend but it looks like this wont happen. Is there a way to get it escalated for unlock?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Benoo There have been issues with unlocking but our community admin maybe able to help @Marjo @EmilieT

Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 123295 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Benoo

As @EmilieT is on annual leave I will mention @Martin-O2 to add to @Anonymous's post. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23184 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

At least two or three different threads per day are being started concerning this same issue. @Martin-O2 can some sort of announcement be added to the main page, such as what you have with the Apple Megathread, to inform people that are having unlock problems as to what they should do, rather than every single thread being referred to you by mention?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Benoo, sorry to hear you've been having trouble with unlocking.

Many of these cases actually that we've looked into here on community lately are already unlocked when we check, so just checking with you as well just in case if you've gone through the process of trying a non-O2 SIM again in your phone after you requested the unlock? slight_smile Please do try and if it's still not working please do let us know and we'll have a closer look! thumbsup 

Also in case it is still not working, something that might also help resolve the issue is once the non-O2 SIM is in the phone, connect to WiFi, go to Settings > General > About and enter your Apple ID and password.

Just something to help troubleshoot just in case it might already be unlocked in the background. slight_smile

@Bambino that's a good idea, and we do have a guide to unlocking already that we could potentially make clearer if that might help, especially with the cases where the phone might have been unlocked, but the member hasn't been made aware of this for some reason.

Message 5 of 5