cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return replacement handset and get different handser

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

So I have a Galaxy Ace 2 on a 10.50 contract which I got when I upgraded in December.

A few weeks ago I sent the phone in for repair because the screen kept freezing. When I got it back the phone still had problems and now o2 are sending me a replacement handset.

I just wanted to know is it possible for me to return the replacement handset and request a different handset, like an s3 mini or iphone 4s and change the tariff.

Somebody on chat said I could but my contract date would change but I dont understand how thart works.

I appreciate your help

Message 1 of 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

get a sim free phone & carry on with your contract by putting your current sim in another handset, o2 dont care what phone you are using, just the actual contract

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You would have to pay off the amount left on your contract and take out a new one. Might be cheaper for you to buy another phone and use your contract SIM in it. You can always sell your current phone and use the money towards a new one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

You wouldn't just be able to swap contracts you would have to pay up the one your on now and start a new one or as MI5 says buy another phone to use your current contract sim in

Message 3 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

get a sim free phone & carry on with your contract by putting your current sim in another handset, o2 dont care what phone you are using, just the actual contract

Message 4 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You would normally get the option of a different phone of equivalent value and specifications if the phone has been sent for repair three times. As stated, sell the phone and put the proceeds towards buying a sim free phone of your choice. You may have to lay out a little money but much better than being stuck with a phone you aren't happy with.

Message 5 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
If funds are an issue when selecting another handset then their are alternative places to obtain a phone your wanting.

I regularly visit one in my hometown that deals in games consoles , laptops , games and tablets along with phones which most of them are from unwanted upgrades.

I'm sure you'll know their name.
Message 6 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
They are very cheap, in good condition & work perfectly
Message 7 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whhere do i go to find these phones?

Message 8 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure but I think they are talking about CEX it's like an exchange and sell shop chain
Message 9 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm not sure but I think they are talking about CEX it's like an exchange and sell shop chain

wink

Yup

Message 10 of 26