Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Handset??

sc0rp10n101
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am the account holder for an o2 mobile phone that I give to my daughter. Unfortunately she was the victim of a horrible crime and the device has been taken by the police as part of the ongoing investigation. It could be sometime that it could be retrieved. 

I contacted o2 on the phone to ask if there was any way possible for a replacement handset to be provided as insurances do not provide cover in these circumstances and the police informed me that some phone companies do provide replacement handsets in such cases. This request was declined but I was provided a replacement SIM.

I've since tried emailing complaintreviewservice@o2.com and resolutionexpert@o2.com to pleed to o2's better nature in this extreme circumstance and see if there was any way a replacement handset could be saught. I'm only 9 months in to a 2 year contract and the phone will be now out of our possession for up to 2 years for the police to fully investigate. I keep getting bouce backs from both email addresses.

I then opted for a chat online and was advised to contact the police who would contact the o2 police liason service but this appears to be only in the event of a fraud case.

I'm at a bit of a lost cause of where to go next as there appears to be no processes for such an event and given it is an extreme circumstance I think it only fair that a victim of a crime be supported fully.

My next option was to write in to o2 and see where that gets me. Does any one have any ideas or alternative suggestions?

The device in question was an iphone XR but I'm not particularly after a like for like replacement. Just some sort of an adequate replacement for a teenage girl who is going through a very tough time at the moment. 

The alternative is that I pay for a replacement handset which I would accept, however the handset has not been lost, stolen or damaged. It comes under completely different set of circumstances that should be adequately accounted for, instead of punishing someone further.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@sc0rp10n101 I will tag our admin team to see if they can offer some help. @Martin-O2@Marjo@EmilieT Any assistance here? 

Edit: We aren't permitted to give it out, but you can Google the email address of O2's CEO and contact him directly. That might get you the desired result.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Nicks1984
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I can't help but I hope your daughter is ok.

All the best.

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @sc0rp10n101, and sorry to hear your daughter is going through this pensive

I can't promise a specific outcome, but I'd love to try and help. I'll send you a Private message now to get a few more details first, and then I'll get someone on my end to look into what we could do to help further!

Thanks for the mention @Bambino and @jonsie, and apologies for not seeing this one earlier this morning slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5