Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renting a phone while my HTC is in for repair

andrewmorris197
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I've got an HTC 10 on O2 that was previously repaired by Carphone Warehouse (battery not holding a charge).

It's not not charging at all and will have to go back for repair.

I don't wish to use Carphoen Warehouse again - service was awful and the "loan phone" provided was so bad it was literally unusable.

Does O2 provide a service for renting a decent smartphone to use during a repair period? Any details provided would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Unfortunately not.
You can borrow a very basic phone from an o2 shop if you put your phone in for repair to O2.
There is a £25 refundable deposit for this, but o2 repairers don't have a very good rating on here so we always recommend go to the manufacturer for repairs under warranty.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Unfortunately not.
You can borrow a very basic phone from an o2 shop if you put your phone in for repair to O2.
There is a £25 refundable deposit for this, but o2 repairers don't have a very good rating on here so we always recommend go to the manufacturer for repairs under warranty.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could buy a cheap basic phone to tide you over while it’s repaired & put your sim in it

Message 3 of 11

andrewmorris197
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I'd honestly never thought of that. 

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
A cheap basic phone won't be much better than the loan phone from O2 or CPW though.
You'll need to spend a reasonable amount of money to get something that you won't be wanting to throw at the wall!

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

andrewmorris197
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Re my last comment - I was being sarcastic

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
I did wonder, but it's always difficult to tell when you're just reading words on a page wink

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Hi I knew....I thought it prudent that I zip due to my sardonic wit.....😉

Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@andrewmorris197wrote:

Re my last comment - I was being sarcastic

No idea why you would feel the need for sarcasm. People are just trying to help and offer their advice...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 were going to charge me £25 deposit for a rental phone, but then suggested I buy the doro from them at £1.99.. which I still have have as a back up.. bargain!

Message 10 of 11