cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal/Refresh queries and questions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am new to the forum and only just introduced myself. I have 2 pay monthly contracts with O2. One for my daughter (blackberry, this was a 12 month contract) and one for myself (Sony Xperia this was a 2yr contract). I have got a Loyalty Discount on one of these, of £13 a month - I was informed this was because I had been with O2 for a number of years. Both contracts are up for renewal, My daughters runs out the 31st Oct and mine on the 28th Oct.

My daughter would have liked a same model of blackberry or a newer model, however with the tariffs being more expensive that previous years, she has settled for a lower grade phone, and today I have collected the purple blackberry for her, along with the new SIMMs. This was ordered online.

I now wish to know if

A) do I need to cancel the old contract even tho it expires on the 30th Oct? as in my account section it states the next bill is due in Nov? and that I now have 3 accounts on there. ( her old and new account, along with mine)..

B)Can you help with the following?

the other query I have, is that when I have spoken to the online chat representatives, I was advised that the Loyalty Discount would be transferred over to the new contract, but not just that, the advisor also told me that this was also going to be put onto my own new account if I renewed,(so both on my daughters and mine, which had my daughter and i chose the handsets we wanted with this in mind) but then when I was transferred through to the sale team to place the actual order for the phones, I was advised that this was not the case, and that I would not be having any Loyalty Discounts at all. The advisor apologised for the advise given to me by the first advisor, and as he told me I wasn't having any loyalty discount, and that he could not proceed on that promise. At this time, I was also looking to order my own renewed contract at the same time, and go for the new Sony Z1, so I didn't renew there and then, and thought to shop around, however I was upset that O2 did keep their promises made to me by the representative (I have transcript emailed to myself) as for the first time O2 was not even trying to retain me as a customer, even when I advised that I had found that carphone warehouse would be able to provide the SonyZ1 for £32 a month and they also threw in  gifts - Sony speakers, and with each mobile ordered came another blue tooth headset gift, so saving £5 a month and providing me with some pretty nice goodies.

I advised that I would stay with O2 - if they would be able to keep the loyalty discount on my new account, and that I would remain with O2, but this was refused. Customer retention is not at the top of O2's agenda this year.

despite all this, I have been with O2 for so many years, that I remain loyal, and still ordered my daughters blackberry and renewed contract, and also my own, for what I thought was the Sony Z1 - as I followed the links on the first page on the website, it then went straight to the phone, and offered it in purple - I chose the purple one (as I love purple) but then went I went to collect this from the O2 shop, saw in the shop that the purple model is not the Z1 but a SonyZ, and that this does not have the features of the Z1 - ( I was extremely interested in the info gathering feature when photo's of objects are taken - like statues) and the Sonyz didn't have these, although the tariff is exactly the same (the order I placed with O2 came to 37 a month which is the same for the Z1)- I felt a bit cheated. I told the person at the store ( Mathew) that I wanted the Z1, and that the website had me confused and I ordered the wrong phone - and he advised he would return the phone. (I never even held the box it was in). I asked for a receipt to show I had not collected this - and was advised he could not print anything of for me - but showed me on his screen that he had put it in returned status. I asked if he could provide me with the Z1 - as its the same order,only a different handset, but he advised he couldn't as I ordered online/ he told me that they had them in stock there n then, but as I ordered online, the other headset had to be returned first. I asked about this, as I was not returning it, and the shop is, as I had never received it - wouldn't this show on their system? and he advised me it would and showed me - I saw Returned on the status, and also saw that the shop had received it before that. - how can I return something I Havant had? He assured me they were liable for the handset, and showed me the screen that this was being returned after received, and being sent back, and that if anything should happen to the handset now - they were completely liable, I wasn't.. He told me to go online to O2chat, and that they would be able to see the item arrived there and is being sent back by them, and that they would be able to then approve the Z1. I did this, but the online agent advised they could not approve me having the Z1, until the other handset was received by them, and I needed to return the handset. I advised I had never received the handset, and that the O2 shop had it still, and were returning it. The representative advised me this could take upto 5 days. I ordered it on the 15th, and this may now go beyond the 7 day cancellation period. I wished to cancel the order, but they couldn't do that either until they received the phone back from me - even tho I have never received the phone, it arrived at the  O2 shop, stayed there, and is being returned by the O2 shop!. I'm going on holiday on Saturday and wont have access to much network ( N Ireland) yet am told that I need to be able to log onto the o2 chat, to cancel the order for the phone I didn't want ( thought was a Z1) and that then I'd be able to open a new contract. The representative told me that just because the handset had been returned, that even when received by them, this would not cancel the contract, as they would require my approval - I advised I gave my approval now - but that was not able to be done until the handset is back with O2 - even tho it never left O2!!! So not only do I now feel cheated by the website - as it looked like the purple was a Z1 by the links I followed, I now may not be able to cancel a contract due to Internet access, haven't got the handset I wished for in Ireland, lost my loyalty discount, and may be stuck with a contract I was unable to cancel within the cooling period because of all this 😞  I feel quite upset, as it seems I am being held responsible for something I was advised in the shop I am not responsible for - the return of the handset I never even touched - and this was not the handset I thought it was - they refused to cancel the order as they have not received it back from me? and I am unable to cancel it - so without phone whilst on holiday and without the features I wished to use ( giants causeway 😞 ) and now I feel really quite upset with the whole thing. My daughters Phone is costing me £22 a month, mine will be £37 a month, my daughter hasn't got the phone she would have liked however she seems happy with the lower grade model, and I don't have a phone at all, and am unable to cancel this contract as I wont have access to Internet from Saturday to the 26th Oct. The new contracts cost me from what I am paying now roughly £44 a month to £59 a month, and I have stayed loyal - however do not feel any loyalty from O2 - and however stupid it may sound - it has deeply upset me as I felt valued before but don't at all now. I just do not understand why they could not have just given me the handset I thought I chose online at the shop, as they had the other handset there and are returning it, is there no trust between the O2 shop and the Depot? even tho they advised me they were completely Liable for its return?  and they showed me on their system, and advised if anything happened to it they were completely liable for it as I didn't receive it, however, they couldn't give me the handset they had in stock there n then, and neither could I cancel the contract online, so that I could go back to the shop and open one there at least then I could have had the handset - and this feels like I'm being held responsible for something I am assured I'm not responsible for - and I have no control over. All I would have liked is to have the handset in time - and would presume that the online staff would have seen the returned phone on their system,  but now this contract wont be able to be cancelled in time for me to have the option to get a new one either, even if I wanted to.  it makes me feel like returning the blackberry too, and just taking both contracts to another provider all together and accept the free gifts with it.. Unhappy and upset customer - O2 for the first time in around 10 years you have let me down, and I have lost my assurance and confidence, so if anything can be done, please help me stay.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Cleoriff
  • 124360 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

As you say this issue is a long time to still be ongoing.

We have a member on here @Anonymous  who works for O2 but posts on the Forum iin a private capacity. I have meniond her in my reply and hope she may see the post and come to your assistance wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147262 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
Follow the complaints process and if this get's you to another dead end you can then go to the Ombudsman.
It is appalling that this hasn't been sorted by now.
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know I've been flagged, and I will answer, but I need time to sit down and a bit of peace and quiet to work out the best solution (2 very young kids running around! ). Just going to ship them off to bed and then I'll have a good read from the beginning slight_smile
Message 13 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Too say that this has been going on for too long is an understatement....:smileysad:

This can be resolved but, With all due respect to the store advisors and web chat, this has now gone way beyond their abilities.

There are two options really: 202 (CS) over the phone and high level complaints. Like @MI5 said, there is no point in writing to the ombudsman  as there's a certain order of doing things that needs to be followed.They will not take action without a deadlock letter from High level complaints stating they cant help or that they made you an offer that you refused.

I wont say that it's one 5 minutes phone call and it will be resolved but it can be resolved . Ring 202 and ask to speak to a manager. Explain to the advisor that due to all that has happened and how long it has been going on you would rather have a manager handle it. They will ask you for a summary of it and then either put you straight trough or offer you a call back..

The £98 fee,based on what you said, should be removed as it's based on a 24 months contract that never happened.Even if they changed you tariff to a sim only 12 months contract, you have been in this situation for over a year. I have a feeling that the 0.00 will be the pickle here...it sounds like the removal of the device plan got stuck so it will need a case raised with it or if we are lucky when the manager amends the upgrade date it will just fail and no longer be an issue.

So after doing this, you should be free to get whatever phone you would like. Hope this helps. slight_smile

What do you think @Anonymous ? or @Toby ?

Message 14 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 124360 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Anonymous  Thanks for coming back to advise further. After 15 months this customer obviously has had enough of the whole fiasco. I hope it gets resolved asap wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 23

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
15 months???
Shameful.
Message 16 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

One way or another I'm sure it will! wink

Message 17 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 124360 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
15 months???
Shameful.

Thanks for the correction @viridis  I have edited my post to show the correct length of time (15months not 2 years...) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 23

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Wasn't a correction cleo, your statement of two years was closer than the length of time this should have been sorted.
Message 19 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 124360 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Wasn't a correction cleo, your statement of two years was closer than the length of time this should have been sorted.

Yeah but I had gone cross eyed there for a bit...Hug

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 23