cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Up Vouchers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Why is there no option to add data to a Wifi Hotspot using a top-up voucher? I used to be able to do this on my previous network. It will make life very difficult if I have to use a card every time and I already purchased one voucher that's presumably now useless!!

Thanks

Matt

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Unfortunately mobile broadband can only use credit card top ups...Smiley Frustrated Hope this clarifies it.

O2 Mobile Broadband Consumer Tariff Terms

2 Mobile Broadband Pay & Go – non recurring (top-up)

1. O2 Mobile Broadband Pay & Go access is available to purchase either on a daily or monthly basis.
  2. Connection to O2 Mobile Broadband Pay & Go is subject to status and agreeing to the terms of the Pay & Go O2 Airtime Contract.
  3. Your O2 Mobile Broadband access will expire: after your data allowance is used up, if this is used up before the time period expires or when the time period expires, whichever is sooner. Some offers (like Starter Kits) include longer expiry periods, if this is the case, you will be told at the time you purchase by staff, our website or on the packaging of the sim pack. Option available to sign up to recurring monthly payment plan.
  4. There is a maximum of 12GB of access allowed on any one sim card at any time. You will not be able to top up to a value of more than 12GB at any time on these tariffs.
  5. If your next top-up would take your data allowance over the 12GB limit then the top-up will take your data allowance up to the maximum of 12GB. For the avoidance of doubt the maximum data allowance you can have is 12GB irrespective of your top-up.
  6. Data will only rollover (up to a max of 12GB) if another 30-day bundle is purchased before the data expiry date. Data will only continue to rollover if the account is topped up every 30 days.
  7. There is a spend limit that is imposed at both a daily and monthly level. The daily limit is £65 and the monthly limit is £180. You are limited to this spend over the time period outlined.
  8. Access can only be purchased using your credit/debit card. Payment can be made using Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard and American Express* (*with the exception of iPad customers). This clause supersedes any contradictory term in the O2 Pay & Go airtime agreement.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93349 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6986 Solutions

I'm not understanding the question. Why would you want to add data to a wifi hotspot? Could you elaborate a little?

Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 147262 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
O2 wifi is free for everyone - no need to top up or pay for it slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 93349 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6986 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
O2 wifi is free for everyone - no need to top up or pay for it slight_smile

I'm glad it's not just me....

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 147262 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I'm glad it's not just me....

Hug

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the confusion.

It's a 'Pocket Wifi Hotspot', the next step up from a dongle basically; runs on a Pay & Go Sim and allows us to connect up to 5 devices to mobile broadband.

What I'm saying is with the dongles we had on a different network, we could top-up online using vouchers from shops, while O2 seem only to let you do it by credit/debit card, which I was not expecting.

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 147262 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
Looks like you're correct - All I could find was this link https://mbb.o2.co.uk/services/EnterMsisdn
You could always give CS a call to see if they can advise anything else http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Ho

Thanks anyway. It's for work use and vouchers are easier to claim out of petty cash, I'll just have to print confirmation emails out or something.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Unfortunately mobile broadband can only use credit card top ups...Smiley Frustrated Hope this clarifies it.

O2 Mobile Broadband Consumer Tariff Terms

2 Mobile Broadband Pay & Go – non recurring (top-up)

1. O2 Mobile Broadband Pay & Go access is available to purchase either on a daily or monthly basis.
  2. Connection to O2 Mobile Broadband Pay & Go is subject to status and agreeing to the terms of the Pay & Go O2 Airtime Contract.
  3. Your O2 Mobile Broadband access will expire: after your data allowance is used up, if this is used up before the time period expires or when the time period expires, whichever is sooner. Some offers (like Starter Kits) include longer expiry periods, if this is the case, you will be told at the time you purchase by staff, our website or on the packaging of the sim pack. Option available to sign up to recurring monthly payment plan.
  4. There is a maximum of 12GB of access allowed on any one sim card at any time. You will not be able to top up to a value of more than 12GB at any time on these tariffs.
  5. If your next top-up would take your data allowance over the 12GB limit then the top-up will take your data allowance up to the maximum of 12GB. For the avoidance of doubt the maximum data allowance you can have is 12GB irrespective of your top-up.
  6. Data will only rollover (up to a max of 12GB) if another 30-day bundle is purchased before the data expiry date. Data will only continue to rollover if the account is topped up every 30 days.
  7. There is a spend limit that is imposed at both a daily and monthly level. The daily limit is £65 and the monthly limit is £180. You are limited to this spend over the time period outlined.
  8. Access can only be purchased using your credit/debit card. Payment can be made using Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard and American Express* (*with the exception of iPad customers). This clause supersedes any contradictory term in the O2 Pay & Go airtime agreement.
Message 9 of 9