Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund

Diddly
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I recently got the new Samsung galaxy s20 Ultra, I payed £100 of a deposit plus £30 or something similar on the device plan. I didn’t like the phone an I returned it after a few days, I got the £100 deposit back but am I supposed to get the device plan money back?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

almondslice
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Join the queue,  awaiting a refund on a 'up front cost' and a 'device plan payment' that was taken out due to the fact the return processing took so long.  Over a month now since they confirmed it had been returned.

They're not interested.

All of the major telecoms are working with reduced staff,  advisors home based.I've been in touch with EE regarding a query and that was dealt with swiftly and professionally. All of the times ( 5 now! ) I've been in touch with O2 I've been fobbed off and essentially lied too.

Over a decade with O2, with mulitple accounts but it's my intention to switch as soon as possible.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

KingAmo
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 287 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 30 Solutions
@Diddly

When you talk about device plan do you mean data plan?
If it is data, then did you return the SIM card too?
I guess you have to call the customer service for further help
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Diddly If you didn't take out a new device plan then the answer is yes. As to when you will receive that back is anyone's guess. You'd have to speak to customer service.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Diddly
  • 7 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No not a data plan, I was paying for my device monthly as well as my airtime plan, I was wondering if I get a refund on the money I spent on the device
Message 5 of 7

Diddly
  • 7 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes it was an early upgrade, I payed my old phone off and took out a completely new contract for a phone and airtime. I know I don’t get a refund for the airtime but what about the phone
Message 6 of 7

almondslice
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Join the queue,  awaiting a refund on a 'up front cost' and a 'device plan payment' that was taken out due to the fact the return processing took so long.  Over a month now since they confirmed it had been returned.

They're not interested.

All of the major telecoms are working with reduced staff,  advisors home based.I've been in touch with EE regarding a query and that was dealt with swiftly and professionally. All of the times ( 5 now! ) I've been in touch with O2 I've been fobbed off and essentially lied too.

Over a decade with O2, with mulitple accounts but it's my intention to switch as soon as possible.

Message 7 of 7