cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh for existing customers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone from O2 tell me if/when you are intending on offering Refresh to existing customers? And I'm not talking about signing up for it once my current contract expires, I mean converting my existing tariff to a Refresh tariff. I, and others, based on comments I have seen on the facebook page, have been led to believe that we may be offered the chance to switch to a Refresh tariff?

Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Its only available for new customers or existing ones at renewal. O2 have never suggested anything else.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Its only available for new customers or existing ones at renewal. O2 have never suggested anything else.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

MI5 is right, you can't just update every time a new contract comes out.

The only way would be to pay off the outstanding months of your existing contract.

From a previous thread you only seem to have just started a new contract.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not officially no, but hints have been made. It just annoys me that suggestions to this effect are made with nothing to back it up a month after I was told to "Keep my eyes peeled, there should be some exciting news soon". If its never going to happen then that's fine. In all honesty I would be surprised of they did offer such a deal to existing customers, but if they aren't going to offer anything just confirm it. Everytime its asked the answers seem to be very vague.
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Vague is O2's way of late, unfortunately..... 😞

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Hi jw24.

Although it would be awesome for existing customers to be allowed to "Refresh" it simply will not happen.

Look at it this way:

On a standard tariff the reason you get your phone free (or sometimes a little up front) is because over the course of 1/1.5/2 years your line rental covers partly your allowances and partly your expensive phone.

If you exit early or upgrade early the network fails to recoup the cost of the phone. So although you are more than willing to stay with the network they still need to take a loss to allow you to move onto a shiny new tariff setup.

Hope this clears things up.

Message 6 of 6