Did you mean: 

Refresh Plan

londontj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I want to upgrade early. I'm planning on paying off my balance on the device plan. How long after can I upgrade? I'm not upgrading through O2 as O2 is not offering the phone I want. So wanted to know how long after I pay the balance I can approach the other company to upgrade.

TIA

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can upgrade immediately after the device plan is paid off....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@londontj You will also need to give notice to cancel your air time. Please see this guide: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

If you want to move your number to your new provider you will need your PAC: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

londontj
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

even if it is an upgrade I have to give notice on the tariff after I pay off my device plan?

on the link it says "You can cancel at any time but there will be a charge for this unless you are in an initial cooling offer period. If you are on O2 Refresh this charge will be the remaining balance on your phone plan which you can view in myO2. " surely that means I just have to pay off my device plan to be out of contract, I'm not cancelling just wanting out of contract to upgrade early.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

No notice required if you are upgrading. Your airtime just converts to the new tariff.

You're not actually cancelling your contract at all. No PAC is required either assuming you are talking about upgrading with O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Just make sure the new supplier knows you are upgrading otherwise you could end up with two contracts running side ny side.

Message 6 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@londontj Your first post was a little confusing as you said 'other company'. If your provider will still be O2 you don't need to cancel the air time or get a PAC, but heed the advice from @jonsie.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 7