Did you mean: 

Reconnection?

JCR
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

It's the first time I have ever used this so please be kind! Haha this will be quite a long one so brace yourselves!!

I'm looking for some help. My contract with 02 refresh has been disconnected due to missed payments. This was due to financial diffuculty after leaving once job, them basically conning me out of my final paycheck, then my new job screwed up my start date so basically for 2-3 months I had no income. After this the stopped all direct debits to me. I DID go to 02 gurus and let them know whats gone on and why I missed the payments and that I'm in a real financial predicament (excuse any mispelling) but have had letters threatening to cancel my contract and wondered if it was possible to extend my due date of payment so I could continue my contract. I dis this twice in the same day and both gurus were nice but unhelpful. The first said I should get use of my phone back in 24 but did not even mention my pay. The second gueu sorted my phone out there and than (which i was very hapy with) but again, didn't sort the payment issue out.
My phone conract has now been completelt disconnected, so when I log onto My O2 app it comes up as if its a pay as you go sim, i cannot send or make calls like you'd expect, but also cannot receive any, internet doesn't work, even O2's free number won't work. If i go to my bill it says i neeed to make a payment of £00.00 immediately which makes no sense when I owe them money? Yet in my bill breakdown it says what i owe there? So i am very confused.

I just want to pay what i owe and continue my conract as normal because I hate not having a phone, have been an O2 customer for years and don't want to go elsewhere to be honest, and am due an upgrade any day now (once I'm paid off of course).

Help?!? It won't allow me to pay online or via My O2 app, and they aren't allowing me to call their payment line, and I'm not bothering with the guru's again because they were useless the first 2 times. How am I meant to pay?! And once I do pay what I owe, is it still possible to sort my contract out and upgrade?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
You'll have to call up from a landline, see here: http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

There will also be a reconnection fee.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
You'll have to call up from a landline, see here: http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

There will also be a reconnection fee.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @JCR This is an account based issue and no-one from the forum will be able to help.

Sorry but you have to contact O2 and speak to them. As you have been disconnected this is the reason you are unable to settle any payment via other means. Use a landline to ring this number 0344 8090202

As for upgrading this will not be possible until all debt is settled. You probably will have to pay a deposit before you are accepted for any further contract.

Do not use live chat ...you must ring and speak to someone asap

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may also need another credit check when you upgrade as you have missed payments

Message 4 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@JCR You need to sort this with O2 as soon as you can. Going to another provider would be a waste of time, as there's more than likely a negative mark on your credit rating already, and you wouldn't get a contract from anyone else. If you are within easy reach of an O2 store, if you go in and explain your situation they will probably let you speak to customer service from there. That way it won't cost you for the call. If you don't have access to a store, then use the link for the contact numbers that have been provided.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Sad situation that caused this but the only way to sort it out is to call o2 and pay off any arrears. Hope everything gets sorted for you and next year is a better year.

Message 6 of 7

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
You've been given great advice, I'd just like to wish you a better year for 2016. It is an awful position to find yourself in, and you have my sympathy.

O2 will probably charge u a reconnection fee on top of what you already owe, so be prepped for that.

Good luck.
Message 7 of 7