Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Recieving mutiple text messages!!

Hello,
I've been with an 02 contract for just past a year now, its a 24 month contract with unlimited texts and 100 mins for £15 which I upgraded last month to £20 for an additional 500mb internet. For the past 4-6 weeks I have been having a problem of receiving a text message a friend or family member would send me about 11/12 times over in a day without them resending it. Even if I reply to them and they reply to me, I get both text messages over and over again. I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy Europa. Im just wanting to know am I alone with this problem, do I need a new simcard or is it the phone? Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance
Anonymous

Re: Recieving mutiple text messages!!

Normally this can be resolved by pulling your battery out whilst the phone is still turned on, taking out the sim, making sure it's nice and clean, reassembling and turning the phone back on.
If this doesn't work I'd get a replacement sim.
The issue is usually caused by the network not getting a 'received' response for the SMS it's delivered to your phone, so it keeps pushing copies through.
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply,
Tried the removing battery and sim before but turned the phone off first, i'll try what you suggested, if I have no luck I will order a new sim.
Cheers
Anonymous

seems there is a software fault on the europa took mine back to store and got a replacement with new software
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,309
Anonymous

I'm having the same issue, just got the #### thing a couple of days ago, constant multiple messages sometimes up to 10 times i'm being send the same 1. To top it off last night the wife give me total aggro for not responding to her and her 3 texts came through 6 hours later...
Brilliant little phone if it would actually #### work....
Anonymous

I'm having the same issue, just got the #### thing a couple of days ago, constant multiple messages sometimes up to 10 times i'm being send the same 1. To top it off last night the wife give me total aggro for not responding to her and her 3 texts came through 6 hours later...
Brilliant little phone if it would actually #### work....

Smiley Very Happy
I wish someone would send me a text message... Or a bar of chocolate :mansurprised: