cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased sim only deal as opposed to upgrading current plan!

Lisaaa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve just purchased a sim only deal as opposed to upgrading my existing £30 plan (I didn’t think to do that at the time!) wonder whether this will just auto apply on next months bill as it is £15 cheaper than current deal. I also chose to keep this sim? Will it just auto change over? Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Lisaaa 

Your sim only deal becomes active on the day of purchase. So depending on when your next bill is due it should be the sim only price.

However if your bill is due in a couple of days then it will probably be pro rata....including anything outstanding from your previous tariff.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Lisaaa 

If you didn't upgrade, you will now have 2 contracts running. The new SIM only will have a new number, so if you want to keep your original number, you'll need to call customer service to migrate your number and cancel your old contract. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Any update on this one @Lisaaa? Did the contact change over or did you have 2 running at the same time? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4