Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of usage

TextCharges
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I only just discovered recently I’ve been paying for geek squad insurance I took out with Carphone Warehouse some while back now. It’s for an iPhone 6, and I’ve upgraded a couple times since- on XS Max by this point! So obviously I called them up to cancel it- and they also offered a refund but shortly realised it wouldn’t be possible as when I upgraded I ordered a new sim with a new number (doh). I ended up either using my old sim or switching they new sim to my old number, can’t remember, either way I haven’t been using the phone I’ve been paying to insure for years. Carphone Warehouse told me to call o2, get proof of usage to show I upgraded/switched back sims/numbers and haven’t been using that phone, then send it over to them and they’ll be able to refund. I spoke with o2 yesterday afternoon and was told the proof of usage request had been put in, and will be emailed to me in the next 24 hours. It’s been over 24 hours now, so essentially my question is can it take longer than 24 hours? Or do I need to call up and request it again? TIA
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@TextCharges Call again to chase it up.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@TextCharges Call again to chase it up.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions
@TextCharges You won't be able to call until tomorrow but it may be that the weekend is holding things up.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @TextCharges, I hope this gets sorted soon but it'd be great if you could let us know how you get on. It could help other members who might be in a similar situation at some point as well! slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4