Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo headphones didnt arrive with phone

Danbdb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi guys, My new sont Xperia 1 ii, arrived today but without the £350 headphones I was told I was getting? Any idea why that would be? Have I missed something?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Emrah 

I don't write the T's&C's, I just let people know about them yahoo

Go ahead and make the claim... there's no problem with that as @viridis has shown above.

Best of luck. thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
It is added to the terms and conditions, has been that way for almost every freebie ever when over certain value.
Claim whenever you want, they won't be coming for around 28 days anyway.
I claimed as I know they will still verify after 14 days and dispatch at around 28 days.

Cleoriff is not wrong, and what O2 are asking is not fraudulent, it's common practice for gifts with devices.
Message 12 of 17

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Terms,

4. To claim your Headphones, you need to go to https://sonyheadphoneoffer.co.uk and complete the online claim form between 18/06/20 and 31/07/20 ("Redemption Period").

6. If you return your Qualifying Device your Claim will be invalidated, and you will not be entitled to claim or receive the Headphones under this Offer.

Those be the terms, and the redemption period is active.
Message 13 of 17

Emrah
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
4. To claim your Headphones, you need to go to https://sonyheadphoneoffer.co.uk and complete the online claim form between 18/06/20 and 31/07/20 ("Redemption Period").

Claims website on 18/06/20: 'Please do not claim until 14 days after you have received your handset.'. Meaning you are not allowed to claim until 02/07/20 which is NOT what the T&Cs say.

Again, a regular customer who only shops for phones every other year or so cannot be expected to be up to date with common practices of how&when to claim promotional devices. T&Cs is all I have to go on...

6. If you return your Qualifying Device your Claim will be invalidated, and you will not be entitled to claim or receive the Headphones under this Offer.

This condition cannot be, by a reasonable customer, to mean they are not allowed to claim. It simply says the claim will be invalidated. The action of making a claim and that of a claim being invalidated are not equal. In order for a claim to become invalidated, it must first be applied for.
Message 14 of 17

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Exactly, which is why I already claimed.
It even tells you on the order receipt for the headphones that if you cancel in the 14 days the claim is invalidated.
Message 15 of 17

Emrah
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Great! So, you just ignored the message on the website about waiting until July 2nd!

I'll do the same. Once I get my phone tomorrow... because it was meant to be delivered today and O2 forgot to put a comma between my flat no & street no... so, DHL couldn't find the address.
Message 16 of 17

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

Yeah I saw it, but the terms state otherwise so I just put in a claim order and it was accepted.

source.gif

Message 17 of 17