Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid Mastercard

Banananana
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I recently upgraded to a Samsung S24 Ultra during the £250 prepaid mastercard promotion. I upgraded at the start of February and sent off my claim as soon as it was possible, I completely forgot about it until my sister recently reminded me of it since she received hers having upgraded roughly 2 weeks after me.

I read on the website I should wait 65 days from the date of purchase, we'll it's been roughly 90 days and I've heard nothing and recieved no email or message regarding the prepaid card.

I've reached out to support but unfortunately haven't had a response as the live chat instructed me to email a specific address made to deal with this. It's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard a peep from them.

Wondering if anybody else has had similar issues or if anybody knows a way to go about getting support regarding the matter?

Cheers in advance.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7150 Posts
  • 136 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Denis3 

You've got a suggested avenue from @Dave-O2 and another one from @Banananana in this thread. Can I suggest that you consider trying those approaches ? 

@Dave-O2 might well come back to you on this, but it won't be until after next week's Bank Holiday as he is currently on annual leave. 👍

Message 11 of 21

vickijoy1986
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

how did you manage this as i am currently having the same issue and just had tickets raised with no further reply

Message 12 of 21

Oxonian
  • 7150 Posts
  • 136 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@vickijoy1986 

You need to tag the person that you are asking that question of ; @Denis3 or @Banananana maybe ? 

Have you tried the approaches suggested by @Dave-O2 and by @Banananana above ? 

Message 13 of 21

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 768 Posts
  • 52 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Oxonian 

@vickijoy1986@Denis3@Polly5678 

If you bought a qualifying product within the promotional period and you also submitted your claim to receive this within 30 days of purchase. Please chase your gift by ringing 03456002098

The full terms of the offer can be seen HERE 

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 14 of 21

Eden2001xy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having the exact same issue right now. The delay is on o2’s end as when I keep contacting the o2 rewards team they give me a timescale to wait for o2’s response (apparently to confirm details) which keep running out. I have had to send details repeatedly to the reward team, and received no responses from o2’s customer service. When ringing o2 I have had the phone put down on me after being on hold for 10 minutes to try and get in touch. I rang to make a complaint about o2’s customer service and was offered £50 off my bill. Received an email that this would be confirmed within 2 days and weeks later it is still pending, with no correspondence from o2. Am on the phone now and they are offering to reduce my contract price but very much considering just cancelling the contract. Received an email from o2 on Thursday saying to watch my emails. I should have received the Mastercard on 19/04/24. It is now 28/05/24. I am now being told that despite having not received the promises when i signed up I will still have to pay £470 to leave my sim only contract. Literally just need a response from o2. Awful awful customer service and being told I cannot speak to a manager. Will be visiting in branch soon.

Message 15 of 21

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10421 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3054 Solutions

@Eden2001xy 

No point in going to a store they cant do anything to help you. 

Have you spoken to the team at o2claims... as if you want to cancel you will need to pay off the contract it will be required to pay off the device plan. 

If you have logged a complaint it can take 8 weeks for them to reply. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 16 of 21

Denis3
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 20 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Dave-O2,

I did this a more than a month ago. Since then I keep receiving explanations that my request is in progress and they are waiting for the reply from O2.

Really looks like a scam. People are tricked into buying expensive £30 a month contracts and then promised £200 reward never arrived. Or will at best arrive in 6 months when the contract will eat it completely...

Very disappointed with O2. No surprise that their rating on Trustpilot is so low...

Message 17 of 21

Denis3
  • 20 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Oxonian , to your earlier point about reputational damage for O2 - I recently checked their profile on TrustPilot...

Yes, I get that people are much quicker with complains than with positive reviews. But in case of O2 it is just a nightmare: 84% of 1* reviews! I don't think that O2 can suffer more reputational damage...

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.o2.co.uk

Message 18 of 21

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7150 Posts
  • 136 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

I am a little dubious of Trustpilot personally @Denis3

This shows that of the four UK mobile network operators, there is little difference between O2 and their two main competitors :- 

Best And Worst UK Mobile Networks 2024: GiffGaff, EE, Smarty, Lebara and more - Which?

https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/mobile-phone-providers/article/mobile-phone-provider-reviews/best-mo...

Based on my knowledge and insight, I think that is a fair reflection ? 

Message 19 of 21

Denis3
  • 20 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My problem was resolved with @Dave-O2 's help! The card arrived today!

Message 20 of 21