Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium texts

Sinead88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, my phone bill this month is very high. On looking, I have been charged £3.70 per text from a number which is under 'Kalastia consulting'. I have no idea who this is and I have been charged for apparently recieving multiple texts from them. I have attempted to ring them but to no avail and I have sent a STOP message back also but had no response (not sure if I'll be charged for this also). Please can you advise futher? I am unable to find any number to contact O2 on.
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Sinead88 

Help here Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next 

here www.payforitsucks.co.uk

and here Guide: Tips to avoid unexpected charges on your bill 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Sinead88 

Help here Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next 

here www.payforitsucks.co.uk

and here Guide: Tips to avoid unexpected charges on your bill 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Sinead88 

PSA have this info:

Kalastia Consulting Ltd
Postal address

Kalastia Consulting Ltd
Gravias 13
Ypsonas
Limassol
Cyprus

https://psauthority.org.uk/for-consumers/service-checker

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Sinead88 wrote:
Hi, my phone bill this month is very high. On looking, I have been charged £3.70 per text from a number which is under 'Kalastia consulting'. I have no idea who this is and I have been charged for apparently recieving multiple texts from them. I have attempted to ring them but to no avail and I have sent a STOP message back also but had no response (not sure if I'll be charged for this also). Please can you advise futher? I am unable to find any number to contact O2 on.

@Sinead88 Up to date information on how to deal with these scam text charges is here:

https://psconsumers.org.uk/how-to-deal-with-scam-text-charges/ 

Make sure that you file a complaint with the Phone-paid Services Authority :

https://psauthority.org.uk/for-consumers/report-an-issue 

There has been a spate of these Cyprus based companies using fake PIN verification to circumvent the rules. They usually refund quickly in the apparent hope that consumers won't complain, thus allowing them to operate for longer. Many consumers don't notice the charges, and that is how they make their money.

Paul

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 4 of 6

Meryl7036
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had the same problem as Sinead 88. I had no record of texts to the number provided, but was charged for sending them. When I went to type in the stop 🛑 order, I found these texts that my phone had picked up as a scam. I remember getting a link saying spam has been detected and then clicking on the option to report it. I never clicked into the message but still got charged. 

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Follow the advice above @Meryl7036 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6