cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting over from giffgaff issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello,

I bought the highest tarrif from a London O2 shop. I was on giffgaff, and the gentleman at the shop got my PAC code from the giffgaff number I need to keep and requested a port over to my new O2 line. 24 hours later my giffgaff line is dead, but my o2 line still dpes not have my old number! I am very worried as all my verifications are on that number. The number has 100% left giffgaff. I have switched both phones on and off and taken the sim cards out and im again several times. I do ao every few minutes. I have called support and she apparently escalated the issue but needs 24 hours for a reply. Apart from needing this number for verifications, it is also my work number for several years.

please help! thank you
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144143 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
It can port over anytime upto 9.00pm tonight.
The fact that your gg sim has turned off means the process has started so give it some time to complete.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Unfortunately only customer service can help you with this. They may have to request the porting files again from giffgaff. All you can do is to keep calling them. Best not to use live chat for this unless you use the one on the complaints page. 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144143 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
It can port over anytime upto 9.00pm tonight.
The fact that your gg sim has turned off means the process has started so give it some time to complete.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
done! thanks guys. I had to pop back into the shop. They asked fpr my PAC code again as the phpne support were lost. Was done within minutes after that. To anyone reading this and porting over, always keep a copy of your PAC code handy even after they apparently began the process. Never know when you might need it!
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
done! thanks guys. I had to pop back into the shop. They asked fpr my PAC code again as the phpne support were lost. Was done within minutes after that. To anyone reading this and porting over, always keep a copy of your PAC code handy even after they apparently began the process. Never know when you might need it!

Though remember that the pac code is only valid for 30 days. After that you will need a new one @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144143 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Good news mate.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Awesome glad to hear this went through OK @Anonymous! cool

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8