Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number problems

LePritch
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi, I ordered a phone sunday and provided my PAC. The phone arrived Monday and my number ported Tuesday - however, I don't think it’s completely ported. Is it normal it may take longer than a day? I’m fine making and receiving calls but I’m not recieving texts and if I text out they’re showing from the wrong number. I can’t correct the number associated with my Apple ID for iMessage and FaceTime etc as it sends a text verification code which I’m obviously not getting. Similarly other services, including o2 issue a verification text to the number I’ve ported to and I don’t get them. Do I need to give it longer or is there a problem? Thanks
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LePritch
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Mine fixed at about 1am today - o2 messenger on Facebook advised me that they had had service issues with numbers porting around text delivery but that it was corrected. True enough I am all sorted now. Thanks everyone

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

LePritch
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
To clarify, the number in my o2 account is the correct ported number and all my o3 services belong to the correct number. It’s just texts and therefore Apple iMessaging services I am having an issue with
Message 2 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@LePritch 

Not normal, it usually takes 24-48 hrs. However these are taking much longer due to the current crisis so you need to keep rebooting your phone and have the patience of a saint. If you need to contact O2, then all numbers are in this guide, including Skype

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 14

LePritch
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thank you! So I just need to keep turning my phone on and off? I had it off for twelve hours all over last night and was convinced I’d wake up to it fixed! Ha ha
Message 4 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@LePritch  Turning it on and off will certainly help @LePritch  though we did have a few members who said yesterday that it has been a few days and it still wasn't fully ported. Thats why I said to contact O2 who open at 8am....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 14

LePritch
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks ever so much, very kind
Message 6 of 14

Sv92
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I've also just ordered a sim and put my PAC code in when I ordered. Since the sim arrived I've not managed to figure out how to get my number onto it. Did you do anything after you got your phone or was it automatic?
Thanks
Message 7 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Sv92
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi @Cleoriff
Thanks for the response, I'd completed the keep my number form yesterday but had no notification through and my number hasn't transferred. Theres no info on what to do if it doesn't work.
Message 9 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Sv92 

You need to keep rebooting your phone. If any issues at all then you have to contact O2.

All numbers in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 14